Problem while installing...

Yajvan

It's meant for FS2004.

Not a real problem, but I see the panel is aliased to b777_300\panel.

This was/is a stock plane in FS9/FS2004, but isn't anymore in FSX. That's why the plane doesn't show.

Think others can point you to a good FSX 777 panel, I'm in no way good on that matter.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

If you just extract to the airplanes folder, it will end up in a folder in a folder. (one level down to much)

have a look at your other airplanes.

You will see \airplanes\b737_800\"all files in that".

What you did creates \airplanes\777blabla\posky777\"all the files"

move the folder posky777 up one level, so it is directly in \airplanes.

Next time unzip to a temp folder and have a look and a think first. Don't unzip directly into the fsx folders, ever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even then, it won't show without a VALID panel.

Change the panel.cfg to: alias=B737_800/Panel

It will use the default 738 panel until you find a suitable replacement...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I would recommend, until you get good at adding aircraft, stay away from FS2004 only aircraft. They will usually alias panel and sound folders to aircraft you don't have.

Try etihadb79x.zip This is a FS2004/FSX 777.

777.JPG

777 2D cockpit.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

or else where can i learn to be "good at adding aircraft"?

Right here!;) If you have any doubts about a download and whether or not it will work for you, post the filename with your question(s) about it, like what files go where, blacked out gauges, etc. Be Very Wary of any aircraft download file that will automatically install the aircraft for you. Some downloads from here and elsewhere will load some totally useless things into your Sim.

Click on Articles in the blue titlebar and go to Tutorials. Look through there and find the tutorials for installing aircraft and scenery.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

How to learn? Install aircraft for fsx, and for fsx/fs2004. You will find small niggles with those too sometimes, or things that work but that you want to improve.

Then search on how to get those things done, and you can try at your leasure. Just make a backup of files you edit. Ask for help if you get stuck.

Once you have some experience on how things should look when a plane is installed correctly you can try adapting fs2004 planes. In fs2004 folders have different names, so the readme info will have to be 'translated' to installing in fsx. Autoinstallers of fs2004 freeware will put things in wrong folders (folders they will create!), so those have to be used to install to a temp folder and the files moved manually. And even once you have done everything possible to get it working, some planes will still show issues.

Practice on fsx or fsx/fs2004 planes packages so you get an idea of what's what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had FS9 (FS2004 ACOF if you prefer, different ways to say the same software) since it hit the shelves in 2004 (oddly enough), and have been big on this whole add on thing, scenery, gauges, planes, you name it, for the last several years. I am STILL learning new things every day I use it, add to it, etc. It's an on-going, never-ending story. Even software as old as that. Amazing to me.

SO! Dive in head-first to the deep end! Have fun, and enjoy the process, for learning the intricacies of this whole thing, to me, seems to be a process, not an end. There is no end, that I can see. Heck, I just down loaded the latest version of FSRealWX Pro. It works fine as freeware, no registration. Maybe not as complex as if i payed, but just like FSUIPC, it works fine as freeware. Again, a learning process. Heck I still haven't a clue what half the tabs do and i've had it and FSRealWX Lite for a long time. It does what I want, when I want, so why mess with it?

Anyhow, as was mentioned before, don't be scared to change aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg, or whatever.air files, just be absolutely certain, POSITVE you make a back up of ANYTHING you edit, before you start. That can't be stressed enough, and should be Lesson #1 of any download installation process. Same for scenery, gauges, you name it.

Save the zip files you download too. they act as an emergency back-up to everything, and may not be available later on. Sites crash, people withdraw support, you name it.

Anyway, the best I can offer, and entirely and completely my opinions only. Have a good time of it, and don't be afraid to ask questions on this site. They are a great bunch, and happy to help us noobs :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived