Baron 58 and King Air 350 Gear Warning Horn Problem

ark1320

The gear warning horns in the FSX default Baron 58 and King Air 350 do not seem to work. I do get a warning light in the Baron, but don't see anything in the King Air. Are these known bugs, and if so, are there any fixes available?

Thx,

Al

These are not bugs. Every aircraft deals with these conditions in their own way controlled by settings in the aircraft.cfg file. Unless you have modified this file, the warning horns will or will not sound based on what the model designer determined is the correct behavior for the aircraft.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Pv,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is what the aircraft.cfg files have wrt gear warning. I have not modified them. It seems to me the gear warning systems should be active.

King Air 350

[gear_warning_system]

gear_warning_available = 1 //Normal

pct_throttle_limit = 0.1 //Percent throttle that activates warning

flap_limit_idle = 15.0 //Flap angle that activates warning at idle

flap_limit_power = 30.0 //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

Baron 58

[gear_warning_system]

gear_warning_available = 1 //Normal

pct_throttle_limit = 0.1 //Percent throttle that activates warning

flap_limit_idle = 0.0 //Flap angle that activates warning at idle

flap_limit_power = 31.5 //Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

As I mentioned, I can at least get a warning light to come on in the Baron58, but nothing at all in the King Air 350 despite trying things like throttles to idle, speed around 120 Kts, flaps either full up or full down, etc.

BTW, these aircraft.cfg entries are almost identical to that of the Mooney Bravo (numbers differ only slightly), and I do get a gear warning horn with that a/c.

Thx,

Al

You are correct. No gear warning for the BKA at the settings in the cfg.

I checked there is a voltage applied in the electrical system.

Since the BKA is a port from FS9, it should be possible to check it in that sim also.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

I think I found a workable solution, at least for me. I noticed in the Sound.cfg file for the Baron (and similarly for the KA) there was the following type of entry:

[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND]

filename=baron_gearwarning

flags=1

The similar entry for the Mooney Bravo, for which the gear warning works, did NOT have the flags=1 entry. So I commented out the flags=1 entry in the Sound.cfg files for the Baron and the KA and now the gear warning works for both a/c (although the warning sound for the KA is very "raspy" and a bit difficult to hear for me at my age, so I decided to use the Baron's gear warning wav file for the KA as well). So unless there turns out to be some unintended consequences for these changes, I am satisfied.

Thx for the dialogue,

Al

Good find. Flags = 1 means "disable sound" according to the SDK.

Flags = 0 should enable the sound.

So, not a bug, but the the model was released with the warning disabled for some reason.

The gear warning sound is kagear in the BKA sound directory.

-Pv-

Archived