FSX Polikarpov I-16 Flying Heritage Collection

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

FSX Polikarpov I-16 Flying Heritage Collection. The Polikarpov I-16 was a Soviet fighter aircraft of revolutionary design; it was the world's first low-wing cantilever monoplane fighter with retractable landing gear to have attained operational status and as such "introduced a new vogue in fighter design." This little fighter, introduced in the mid 1930's was one of the mainstay fighters of the Soviet Union at the beginning of WWII, and fought on both sides of the Spanish Civil War. This texture represents one of six aircraft restored in the late 1990's. It now resides at the Flying Heritage Collection owned by Microsoft Co-founder, Paul Allen. The pictures of this aircraft online often show a green cowl, however, when viewed in 2011, the cowl was black, as a few internet images still show, so that is how Red 4 is portrayed here. This is a texture for the Ivan Hsu's I-16 "Aces" Ishak pack from CFS2 that was modified by Erik Hertzberger to fly in FSX Acceleration. It works marvelously there, but it is rather tricky on take-off due to the short fuselage. By Mark Powell.

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.