• Latest Posts

• Thank you, Davidc2! I will check that when I open the sim again. My discouragement led me to shut it down and run errands haha.  Your suggestion definitely sounds logical, though I can't imagine how I might have done that (the only tinkering with settings I've done is after the symptoms started). I'll report findings shortly!    Cheers,   George
    • Finland is  beautiful country!  Great shots.
    • i7 2700K, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050ti, 500gb ssd.   Before doing anything else, I'll try your suggestion and keep the 2560 x 1440 and turn down the render scale.      That's my problem setting things in MSFS, I have idea what most of those setting are or what they do.
    • Thanks Phrog.  An interesting question.  The short answer is "I don't know." 😀   The G3000 Vision Jet in MSFS is TA Only.  Doesn't generate any RAs.   Does generate a flashing yellow "Traffic" alert on the PFD for targets of potential concern but I dont know what the criteria is other than "pretty close."   I've only seen one a couple of times and that was landing with an AI aircraft holding short for the runway or on an adjacent taxiway.    
    • A good find Charlie, but I think those models have been converted from FS9 & FSX to X-Plane format.
    • Wonder if this link for The Fruitstand library would help?  https://www.x-plained.com/the-fruit-stand-aircraft-library/
    • It matters in the sense that there's a better way to do it, which will improve picture quality.   Instead of changing the in-game resolution, I suggest you keep it at the native monitor resolution. Then, adjust the render scale to less than 100%, around 55% if you want the game to render at 1080p. What this does is that the game will render at a lower resolution and then scaled up with a fancy algorithm to look reasonable. You can then also play with the AMD shaperpening slider in the game (available on all vendor cards, not just AMD).   If you want to try it, you can also use the DX12 beta version of the game, which will enable the AMD FSR option (available on nVidia cards too). In my experience it looks better than the render scaling setting, but the DX12 beta can be less stable. FYI, if you want to try this, the setting is under the Anti-Aliasing settings IF you enable the DX12 Beta. If you have an RTX GPU, you can try DLSS too.   Out of curiosity, what are your system specs?