• Latest Posts

• I find the new site to be very Discord-like. Given how much I hate Discord you my assume it's not a Good Thing in my book, but I see the necessity to update and will learn to live with it,  But I do want to land on a News page, not some other POC or some other persons half-assed opinions... Fix that, will you?
    • You got me thinking about different cockpits I've flown with in RL, to include the OH-6. I did a search of various 300 cockpits on the web. The two I've attached should be a good starting point, the difference being inclusion (or not) of an HSI, DG, and turn coordinator. The first one is simple and easy, great for VFR flying. I added the OH-6 panel in case you go military with your creation. Good luck.  
    • Ever wonder how to set the flight director for takeoff? This video will demonstrate two different ways to set the flight director to reduce pilot workload, along with cautions for one of the methods. A few other items such as when to turn pitot heat on, arranging FMS screens, and what NOT to set in the flight director are given in this quick video. This video was made using the CJ4 after AAU1 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.     Citation CJ4 SYSTEMS, SWITCHES, and AVIONICS VIDEO for MSFS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrfwo_Vq8g thecorporatepilotdad Youtube channel The Corporate Pilot Guys Podcast About The Author This video is produced by thecorporatepilotdad. He has been a FlightSim.Com member for close to twenty years and using Flight Simulator since back in the day of FS98 and FS2000. He is also a professional pilot with over 7000 hours of real world flight experience ranging from Cessna 152s to super-mid size business jets.
    • "simMarket" !? I do hope you realize that that is a completely different store from the one we've been discussing here.
    • Hi Dave.   Any luck in finding this? So frustrating not having this and the 346, 333 files here 🙂
    • I went with the standard version. If you think about how most people use their flight simulator, the actual functionality of the core sim software is what matters, and that's included in all three versions. After a while the typical person ends up buying or downloading the add-on planes and scenery they really want vs using the default. I figured it better to save some money on the initial purchase and then use that later to buy add-ons that I really want.
    • Based on the polling, I'm surprised so few people own the standard version. Most people jumped for the Premium Deluxe. Why is that? Is it a case of wanting a specific aircraft or airport, or more of 'what the hell, why not' situation? If you had to give someone advice on which version to buy, what would your advice be? I'm thinking, with all the aircraft that's been added to all versions, and the modding community hitting its stride, that 95% of people would be perfectly happy with the standard. One can then simply download a freeware or payware aircraft/airport that you really want.