• Latest Posts

• The steam gauge C172 in itself doesn't seem a reason enough for the extra cost (IMHO anyway), specially when we have a wonderful steam gauge C152, which gets far above any other stock aircraft when you add to it the superb freeware JPLogistics enhancement mod.   Incidentally, there's a similar mod by bagolu for the C172, but it only covers the glass cockpit version, since the steam gauge C172 appears to be 'encrypted' (ironical, ain't it?) 🙄   Even if I rushed to buy the Deluxe version, I've always regretted it, since I ended deleting most of the extra aircraft and using almost exclusively 3rd party add-ons, just as Nels stated above. But you already knew this, don't you? We've discussed this in the past.
    • Hello, I know this feature is not available at the moment but I think this scoring should be a very interessing part of fsacademy training. It is an important way for progressing and contributes for adding motivation and interest for such product. In fact scoring should be mandatory in training softwares but this only my opinion. Best regards
    • Piaggio P-180 Avanti (F-HUNK) Oyonnair with a nice sound landing and taxi at Alicante Elche Airport (ALC) with ATC audio included runway 10, Feb 6, 2023 under a fsmstorm and rain  
    • Here are some random shots showing detail of the Garmin 3000 Perspective Touch PFD and MFD in a Cirrus Vision Jet SF50 G2 on approach to Boston (KBOS)   The aircraft has two 14-inch primary flight data displays with three touch screen control panels beneath.  The left control panel is for the PFD, the center for the MFD, and the right is for comm.   The white triangles on the TCAS map insert in the lower left corner of the PFD shows traffic around the airport which is at our 4 o'clock position as we begin the approach.     The split screen display feature on the MFD is a very handy capability.  In place of the nav map currently being displayed we could call up the approach and landing checklists to go with the approach plate.  In the RW aircraft the PFD can also be split screen.  So, checklists or the approach plate could also go there.  This is not (currently) implemented in the MSFS Vision Jet G3000.   Turning inbound to line up on the final approach course.  
    • Thanks for all the replies.   Your right, I don't need 60fps. Almost all my flying is in small bush planes, in and out of smaller airports or air strips.    The 10 -12 extra fps I got made a big difference, it was enough to get rid of the small amount of stuttering I had, mostly coming in to land over trees.      The rendering scale brought down to 75 changed the setting to 1920 x 1108 and the amd setting  did improve the sharpness. I think I'll try that and see what happens when I set the global rendering quality to high, I will probably have to turn a few setting down, but if I end up with even 5-6 more fps than I had before, I'll try to just leave it alone and enjoy it.    If i can pick up a 20% better GPU and another 8 gb of ram for a reasonable price, I'll do that. I'm 72 and this is my only hobby, nothing wrong with spending some money on yourself once in awhile. Thanks Guys.   
    • Thanks John. Will pick a good day to give it a shot and share my findings. It sounds too good to be true, so will see.  Cheers  
    • If I may, I'm not surprised your PC is having a hard time on 1440p. This sim is brutal to run on anything but the latest hardware.   That said, I'm reading between the lines that you, personally, don't need 60 FPS to enjoy the sim - neither do I. So for a solid 25 - 35 FPS on a combination of medium and high settings, I would try to find a slightly better GPU and get 8 GB additional RAM.   For a pretty good summary of how various GPUs fare with the sim, see this:  https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/ms_flight_simulator_(2020)_the_2021_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,7.html   The above link goes directly to the 1440p benchmarks, but give the entirety of the article a read. It's quite informative.   All the best!
    • I purchased the Premium Deluxe version from the Microsoft Store. I always say, go big or go home! No regrets.