Having an issue Windows 10 taskbar not working

habanavee

Everything was fine, and suddenly, the start menu button, including everything else on the taskbar, stopped working. I can right-click on start button but if I try clicking volume, battery, action center, etc icons, nothing happens.

Just need to figure out why the taskbar is not working?

Everything was fine, and suddenly, the start menu button, including everything else on the taskbar, stopped working. I can right-click on the start button but if I try clicking volume, battery, action center, etc icons, nothing happens.

Just need to figure out why the taskbar is not working?

Is there any update?

According to users, one way to deal with unresponsive Taskbar is to restart Windows Explorer. Your Taskbar and Start Menu are related to Windows Explorer, and by restarting its process, you'll also restart your Taskbar. To restart Windows Explorer, do the following: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 1 month later...
Update: I've been fighting with this problems, Unfortunately, that fix didn't work for me. I read a whole load of nonsense about this problem before reading this one https://techloris.com/fix-windows-10-taskbar-not-working/ The best and simplest way to solve the problem I had and I am sure loads more. So impressed I bothered to reply.

I have faced this problem many times but a simple restart has worked just fine for me every time. Thanks for this article though, Now I can help others who might face this problem.

• 7 months later...

Press CTRL, ALT and DELETE simultaneously (CTRL + ALT+ DELETE)

Select Task Manager

Click File

Select Run new task

Check the option that say Create this task with administrative privileges

Type powershell and press Enter

Type Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like “*SystemApps*”} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} and press Enter

https://appuals.com/taskbar-not-working-on-windows-10/