Screen Freeze

westway

My opening screen in FSX with Acceleration tends to freeze constantly for 3 to 5 minutes every time I change flights. I also get frame freeze when in flight for about 15 seconds. Is there something I can do to remedy this issue?

My opening screen in FSX with Acceleration tends to freeze constantly for 3 to 5 minutes every time I change flights. I also get frame freeze when in flight for about 15 seconds. Is there something I can do to remedy this issue?
I am experiencing something similar... And I think there's something about windows 10 memory managing...

Enviado de meu Mi A2 usando o Tapatalk

I've also been getting the menu screen freezing. It's caused by a corrupted scenery database. You can rebuild a clean database like this:

Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes and delete all the the .dat files in there. You can replace them from the Recycle Bin if anything goes wrong.

Restart FSX and it'll show a message like: "Completing install. Creating scenery databases".

Once it's finished you'll be able to select flightplans, locations and the date and time without delays again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Two things also to remember with Win 10.

1. Upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 that came out a few months ago Win 1909

2. Run the Sim in Windows XP sp2 compatibility

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1207, 2013-07-01

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

I've also been getting the menu screen freezing. It's caused by a corrupted scenery database. You can rebuild a clean database like this:

Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes and delete all the the .dat files in there. You can replace them from the Recycle Bin if anything goes wrong.

Restart FSX and it'll show a message like: "Completing install. Creating scenery databases".

Once it's finished you'll be able to select flightplans, locations and the date and time without delays again.

Couldn't find those directories

Couldn't find those directories

You need to enable "show hidden files" in your Windows settings: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028316/windows-view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's showing, but I don't have a directory called ProgramData under C drive.

My windows is in Brazilian Portuguese, but all the main directories have the default name.

It's showing, but I don't have a directory called ProgramData under C drive.

My windows is in Brazilian Portuguese, but all the main directories have the default name.

ProgramData is a windows default file name, it will be in the drive where you have windows installed.

I have it under Documents and Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX/SceneryIndexes

You're still using Windows XP Charlie! Even so, is WinXP on your C:\ drive?

I did this and it messed up FSX, now every time I start FSX the scenery regens which takes about 10 minutes or more. Additionally this did NOT improved anything in my FSX, still freezes.

Did you put the original files back into place?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️