One of the things I really liked about all of the previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator was the ability to stop and save a long flight in the middle and then go back and complete the flight at a different sitting. This allowed me to complete long flights without having to dedicate a whole day solely to flight simming.

Has anyone figured out if this functionality is included in MSFS 2020 and if so, how is it done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not yet, unless you can do it via the developer mode menubar, but I doubt it.

There have been many discussions about it in other forums and a lot of people want it (myself included)

Let’s hope MS/Asobo add this in a future update.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Not sure if it is broken or not implemented but saving Flight Files (.flt) can be accomplished mid-flight. BUT...if you try and load those Flight Files it does nothing. I have tried loading with the World Map and it does not work for me.

You can save and load flight plans without issue. If you can't save a long flight mid-flight that is a huge problem!!!

Hi. As already stated, hit the esc key when in a flight to take you to the three pretty options pictures. Hit the space bar on your keyboard, choose "save" and it takes you to a dialogue box where you type in the name of the scenario you want to save.

Later at the options page (3 pretty pictures!) press space bar again , then "load" and you can chose the scenario you want. Only tried it once, but it seemed to work.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...