Retrieving ils (vor/dme etc) in flight

Hi,

When I fly from A to B I prepare myself by getting the frequenties for an ILS landing.

On a simple airport I could write down the frequenties for both sides of the runway, but on on the more complex airports this make no sense.

When ATC assigns another runway then expected i'm stuck. How do I get the ILS data 'in flight' ?

kind regards

Albert

It is in the G1000 assuming that you are using a G1000 aircraft although i find it easier to use my phone to google....."Gatwick ils frequencies"

I am not sure that Asobo have modelled the G1000 to that depth either.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I asked this question on another site - the answer of many people is "You Can't" - I use Navigraph (connected to Sim by NaviLink), which requires a subscription. I also use the Airnav website and type in the airport ID and then click on the chart line for the approach I want.
i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

I keep my Ipad handy on the computer desk, just Googled ILS frequencies for Gatwick and get scores of results. (110.90 in point of fact for 08R and 26L). Will probably jot down in a notebook for the most popular airports I use.

It is an omission, given the info could be fetched from the map in earlier versions, but hopefully something that will be added.

Vern.

On the World Map (Create a Flight Plan) screen in the main menu, choose your aircraft and weather, then select your Departure and Arrival along with your chosen ILS approach. Look at the Arrival airport on the map and click on the Zoom to Details label. Each runway with an ILS approach has an ILS icon next to it (a hexagon with a dot in the centre). Click on the icon and a label appears with the ILS ID, but look to the right of the map and an info panel has also appeared with the ILS location details AND THE FREQUENCY.

***SAVE THE PLAN AT THIS STAGE!***

I write the frequency down for future reference, and usually tune the NAV1 frequency before I take off. Having already selected an approach within the flightplan, ATC gives me that approach and runway on arrival every time so far. I always check the wind direction in the Arrival airport info panel on the map before choosing an approach of course.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I haven't gotten too far into the sim yet, but with the G3000 in the TBM you can find ILS frequencies on the MFD page. Click Waypoint Info > Airports > type your airport code > click frequecies and scroll down.