A Practical Use For Our New Flight Simulator

As I'm also interested in train simming and still build the odd route, putting together a flight plan in Plan-G and then overflying the railway at low altitude gives a real feel for the terrain and scenery. You can't really get that from Google, even Streetview because building a route you are actually using the "God" view most of the time above the ground.
Vern.

As I'm also interested in train simming and still build the odd route, putting together a flight plan in Plan-G and then overflying the railway at low altitude gives a real feel for the terrain and scenery. You can't really get that from Google, even Streetview because building a route you are actually using the "God" view most of the time above the ground.

This comment is very welcome, and timely. Several others (including me) have discussed the possibilities the MSFS real-world 3d scenery offers in areas beyond flight simulation. I too am also a train simmer and the idea of adapting this scenery data base for that purpose is fascinating.