Landing challenge replays

Really enjoying this version! I’m playing with a Ryzen 7 3800+ and a mediocre GTX 1060 6GB card.

I have no idea what frame rate I’m getting but the game seems to play really smooth on a mixture of medium, high and ultra settings. If anyone would like to know the settings that I have found works for me I’ll post them.

I’ve started a few of the landing challenges which are really fun, but it would be much improved if we were able to see replays of the world top ten to see where we might be able to improve.

Not that I would even begin in getting close, haha! I’m currently 33617th place in the world on Llanada Grande, just thought it might be fun to watch the pros in action and pick up some tips! Hopefully Microsoft will implement some kind of replay feature in the future.

I've been wondering about them there scores...

I'm like 10680th (-ish, I'm away at the mo.) on the first landing, but I wonder: does Asobo inactivate AI for landing? Of course it's my jealousy speaking, but so many top,top,top scores...

are they all on 'hard' settings for realism?

do they all use real-world weather?

do they all have all effects enabled?

All of this is irrelevant, if you just want to have fun. BUT if you want to 'pick up some tips', it'd help to have categories by parameters set. To my knowledge, this is not possible, yet.

Cheers,

David

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

I've been wondering about them there scores...

I'm like 10680th (-ish, I'm away at the mo.) on the first landing, but I wonder: does Asobo inactivate AI for landing? Of course it's my jealousy speaking, but so many top,top,top scores...

are they all on 'hard' settings for realism?

do they all use real-world weather?

do they all have all effects enabled?

All of this is irrelevant, if you just want to have fun. BUT if you want to 'pick up some tips', it'd help to have categories by parameters set. To my knowledge, this is not possible, yet.

Cheers,

David

Thank you for your reply David.

I have had a mess around with changing some assistance settings to easy, but can't see that I saw any improvement, which makes me wonder whether these are set up with pre-configured options rather than the settings you make in game.

Having come from playing car racing simulators, I don't think that jealousy should be factored into what essentially is a game in the first instance and there will always be someone better! In the case of flight simulation, whether that be someone pro at flying or pro at figuring out the physics of the game, there is obviously some factor that allows them to be better.

In my opinion, top 10 replays would be invaluable in seeing where you could improve, and even if assists were a factor, you would still be looking at the best way to implement the landing.

I don't think that jealousy should be factored into...

lol that was a just bit of light humor.:rolleyes:

I do not disagree with you, cjfrew - it would be nice to see top 10 replays. But even nicer if this was per category of greteast interest. E.g. the pro category, which is what I understood your inital desire to be "to watch the pros in action".

Otherwise, Blue Skies!

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.