WiFi driver request Atheros

ColR1948

I got given me a Toshiba and Samsung netbook, they have Windows7 Starter operating system, they have a Wifi card installed but I need the driver for them.

Atheros AR5BHB115

When I search for the download driver I get a scan program that scans to tell me to go online to download the driver, well how can I go online if I have no driver.

I got lots of websites all with the same thing, I just need the driver not the scan program, so has by any chance somebody got this driver you could send to me please?

Col.

Sorry Col., I can't help either. In fact if it's still running Windows 7 I'd be surprised if you have any luck at all. I really enjoyed running 7. But it finally got to the point there was almost nothing available for it so I sadly went to X.

I've never liked X. :o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Michael, Me too I like 7, I have it on a couple of laptops.

As for these netbooks I failed getting them online then I watched a video where a guy was installing Linux.

I'm clueless on that but he said there are many versions and they are the best for these netbooks, so I looked in to it, I found one version called Zorin that is like windows so I downloaded that.

It installed great plus it got me online as well, it isn't fast but they are for the grandkids and they can go online and watch YouTube or mess about with them, so in the end it turned out well.

Col.

Update: I started to have problems with Zorin OS, so further searching I eventually got an Iso of Ubuntu. Installed that and it went OK, got internet connection straight away and though I have no experience with this system it sees good.

I bought an old e-Machine all in one PC that had Windows XP installed. it had all kinds of other programs that were out of date plus trial stuff, I got rid of the the lot and installed Ubuntu on that to have a play with it, it runs well on this and like I said I have no experience with it but I will play around with it, bit late in life to start learning a new system but I'm retired and something else to do.

Col.