The Origins of BFU...

ViperPilot2

Hello!

This question is directed to the old skool FlightSim users that may still be out there, so here it goes:

Does anyone know who were the original creators of Bush Flying Unlimited, and when it was originally Created?

I know that when I started Simming around '10, BFU was already established with FS2002. Had it been around earlier than that?

Just curious; flying 'for' BFU really stoked my interest in Bush flying and becoming more proficient. I have many of the Scenery created for BFU and have a good number of Repaints for FS9.

If anyone has a line on more Repaints that would be awesome.

Thanks for looking!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Gi'day Alan,

BFU was established in July 2001 based upon the Flight Unlimited III simulator (pilots operated out of its Renton FBO throughout Washington State).

Peter Ridge was instrumental in getting the group up and running on Avsim, securing the two forums and a BFU web site. With the environmental advances of autogen and water effects introduced in FS2002 it was decided by its members that BFU should became an open sim venture ... meaning pilots could fly either FUIII, FS2002 or Fly!2.

And, just like Topsy ... it grewed :)

Regards,

Dorian

Many Thanks to all who replied! I never knew the full History of the Organization, and it was nice that the FU III Folks were so gracious to offer the Organization to the wider FS Community way back when!

I have quite a few of Heather's repaints and it's neat to fly different Airplanes with the BFU logo. However, it's not necessary in order to enjoy the virtual freedom and responsibilities of flying in the Bush.

Have a great Week, everyone!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG