Ultimate Terrain Inquiry

mepdraft

A long time ago started using FSX to do boating rather than flying.  I found at that point that FSX did not have proper water contour and I found UTX for Canada and US.  I found it to be very close to real life in regards to contour for lakes rivers and channels.  Its main problem however was water levels.   I am talking about "water mountains" up to 150'  and sometimes dips and hills than can dip down 50 to 100' and then right back up in a length of 1/4 mile, in a river that is suppose to be level.

I am thinking that doing some "scenery design", I can fix these spots, but the only thing I have manage to do, and this was quite a few years ago, was to use G max to model my own boat.  

I have tried to look into the FS Devoper's section but end up being overwhelmed by the terminology being used.

Bottom line: can I fix these problem areas and what programs would I need to start with. 

2 hours ago, mepdraft said:

Bottom line: can I fix these problem areas and what programs would I need to start with. 

This is a great site, but you'll get more traction with this type of question at fsdeveloper.com.  Good luck.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel