Welcome to the FS-AOM Forum at FlightSim.com

FSAOM

First a special welcome to the simmer community!

This forum has been setup in occasion of today's start with the new integration of the FlightSim.com File Library with FS Addon Manager. Special thanks to Nels and Rick at Flightsim.com who made this and future development possible.

Kind regards

Manfred

FS Addon Manager

• 1 month later...

Hi Manfred,

Long time no hear?

Had a problem with installing the latest version 3.61 update?

It says it's for FS2k2 and I only use FS9.

An error appeared because of this. Is this right?

Best regards,

Dave T

Hi Dave,

sorry for the delay of this but just learned that thsi forum software "queues" posts before they appear here... sorry for that.

Where exactly does it read that's for FS2K2 only and what error did you get?

Manfred

• 1 month later...

HELP!!!

My first time on this forum, need an answer to a small problem.

My filght sim and FASOM are on a 200Gb disc, at present only showing 57Gb used, but the hanger says that the disc is full!!! trouble is I have at least 20 aircraft downloaded that I want to add to FS2004, how do I convince the disc that it is not full, or increase the size.

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong part of the forum, I have only just registerd and have still got to get used to it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Manfred

I sent the following by eMail the other day but haven't received a response.

Perhaps you can help me here?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sincerely - Brian

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Subject: RE: FS Addon Manager Registration Key

Date: Sun, Jan 08, 2006 1:01 pm

To: FS-AOM Administration

Hi Manfred

Thank you for promptly taking care of my order.

While I was installing AddOn manager I was flagged: (Twice, separately)

QUOTE:

C\WINDOWS\system32\MSINET.OCX and C\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMCT2.OCX

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:

I/O error 32.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (Not recommended) or Abort to cancel installation.

And, a third time, was flagged:

C\Program Files\FS Addon Manager\AddonMgr.exe

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:

File access denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (Not recommended) or Abort to cancel installation.

After trying every other option I Clicked Ignore on all three flags and the installation proceeded.

But when I attempted to open AddOn Manager I was flagged:

Run-time error '372'

Failed to load control 'Inet' from MSINET.OCX. Your version of MSINET.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

END QUOTE.

What must I do to rectify my problem?

I thank you in anticipation.

Best regards.

Sincerely - Brian

Hi

I have used your product for a number of years ( I'm getting old so I can't tell you how long) but of the first time I have a problem. While using the program today it froze. I have reboot my ssytem but now it will not load from the screen. I mean that the program will come up but the manager menu will not load up and I can't access the other menus. Any suggestions????

Richard Churchill

This forum has been setup in occasion of today's start with the new integration of the FlightSim.com File Library with FS Addon Manager. >>

Hi Manfred

I'd feel a heap more welcomed here if you would be kind enough to answer my post #32:

Please???

Cannot properly install AOM and cannot get it to run.

Please help.

Thank you in anticipation - Sincerely - Brian

>I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled but the program

>still will not work. Any suggestions???? >>

Me, too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still get the results I posted a few posts ago.

And no response from anyone, including the owner of the copywrite/site, to my several requests -- soon to be complaints -- for help and advice.

• 1 month later...

All sorted now Manfred.

Problem I have now is after loding your program to my new computer and being told that registration has been accepted and to re-boot the program is still showing 'unregistered'?

>All sorted now Manfred.

>

>Problem I have now is after loding your program to my new

>computer and being told that registration has been accepted

>and to re-boot the program is still showing 'unregistered'?

I have left a message on the 'FSAOM website' as well as here and still no answers?

Why?

• 4 weeks later...

>First a special welcome to the simmer community!

>

>This forum has been setup in occasion of today's start with

>the new integration of the FlightSim.com File Library with FS

>Addon Manager. Special thanks to Nels and Rick at

>Flightsim.com who made this and future development possible.

>

>Kind regards

>

>Manfred

>FS Addon Manager

>

------------------------------------------

FS ADDON MANAGER, WHERE THE F..K ARE YOU???????????????????????????????

IS THIS A SUPPORT FORUM OR NOT????????????????????????????

Dave - I sent a PM to Nels a while ago asking if he knew what was going on bearing in mind a lot of his downloads are advertising FSAOM but never got a reply.

I have given up on this now I think. May try additptro - I cannot get on with FSM.

• 2 months later...

Manfred:

I bought this program at the beginning of 2006 (I think). I installed it and eventhough it had both the serial number and the registration number in the registering Box, when I click “register: I get a message thanking me for buying and registering the Addon.

To my surprise after I re-star again the program, I once again get a message saying that I have an unregister copy (eventhough I paid for it). This goes on and on eventhough I follow intallation advice. Finally I got tired of this and on the fact that I sent you several emails and I never got an answer. Hence I am at the moment considering this a sunk cost with the corresponding loss of my payment.

It just happens that I need urgently to remove a bunch of aircrafts, sceneries and panels from my FS 2004, and FS Addon is the right tool. With the new update 3.61, I assumed this sort of problem would had been eliminated but it is still there. I downloaded version 3.61 and I installed it on top of my originally bought version 3.50 (was I right or did I have to unistall 3.50 before installing 3.61 ?).

Could you please this time give me some advice/support so that this problem can be solved and I can use AOM, but without the limitations of an unregister copy?

By the way I have installed the competition program Flight Sim Manager (FSM) which I use to do somethings that AOM does not, like checking for duplicate afcads, landclasses etc. But FSM in my opinion is not in the same league as AOM . Is there any conflict amongst these programs (should I uninstalled FSM assuming my problem with AOM is solved!)?.

I would appreciate to hear from you soonest. Maybe you can give me some other register and serial Keys!

Edmundo Cardenas

ecv@cantv.net

PS: I have sent an email to AOM support address, hoping I have better luck this time vis a vis rel support.

====================================================================

[link:www.jdtllc.com|http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

It has been several weeks since I posted this (see my original posting below under GRINGO), as well as emailing you on the subject with my proof of legally buying this addon.

Is this a support Forum?

Or has it ceased to exist.

I was at least expecting the courtesy of somebody answering my email.

The product you market is a payware one. As such we expect that when you go on vacations (if this is the excuse) somebody should be encharged of continuing tech support, either here or at your home.....

I see that you welcome everybody to this so-called support Forum, but nobody gets an answer to their problems.

To be honest with you I do not understand how flightsim continues to suppot this Forum if it does not provide any kind of suppot to the users.

I do hope you come back soonest from your vacations, and provide th needed support.

Edmundo Cardenas

Caracas, Venezuela

http://www.flythemaddog.com/forum/pilot.gif

[link:www.jdtllc.com|http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15th December last year I asked for help on a problem with AOFM (hanger shows full , when most aircraft have been removed from hanger) despite repeated request for help to FSAOM, with no response, and not one single reply on this forum I give up, in future I will stick to Airfix Dogfight. Thanks for nothing everyone!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone:

My first post hear, and first little problem in 3 years running AOM. I am a Registered user, with v. 3.61.0.959 running and work Ok. Today just got a message to Update my installed v.3.61.0.959 to v.3.65

I had no problems on the download, and install, but when AOM restarted, and after a reboot, the virison is still v.3.61.0.959.

I went to the AOM file tree to check the installed v. of the ext. file, it has not been updated, so i just reran the setup installer for the new virision , and bingo. no problem on package install, its just i still see the old virison in the file folder and whenit reopens its still the old virision.

Any advice out there,:D

Thanks

http://www.aireastvirtual.com/lib/signatures/AEA0016.png

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I hope you and your family are well. I had a hard disk failure and I cannot find my registration number.

Rich Dunne

sparkydick

sparkydick2@aol.com

I hope there is a way for you to trace my subscription and help me restore your wonderful program. I need my unlock key if that is possible.

Thank you and God bless you and yours.

Sparky

sorry on long reply and update,

No problem with the AOM It is running goon with the new update, It was me forgetting about AOM is Not set up to work in FSX :P, AND I had taken FS9 off the system when I installed FSX back in Nov. of 06,

I only reinstall fs9 last month so that I can fly online with one of the 3 VA's I fly for, ther Live flight map using Flight sim Flight Keeper app. still has not been upgraded to run on FSX yet. So after the reinstall of fs9 AOM poped up asking to Install the new virision, Great , works like a charm

http://www.aireastvirtual.com/lib/signatures/AEA0016.png

Hi Manfred,

I hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and in good spirits. I have enjoyed your remarkable program since 2005 and have sent 40 people to your site. None have complained, however one unfortunately passed away. During a disaster i lost all of the information on my HDD. That will never happen again! I had a collection of downloads that was ireplacable except for your service and many hours of work. I now have the version that is limited to 5 & 10 ( ? ) downloads. I am wondering if it is not a very difficult or time consuming task to e-mail to me my original unlock key or for that matter a new key. This is truly my fault and I would be loathe to buy one from a bootlegger. If possible and it meets with your established policy please forward to me a copy as I am lost with out it.

sparkydick2@aol.com

Sparky,

God bless you and your family forever.