A Flightsim Adventure Part Two

Great, now I’m Jefe? Didn’t see that coming. I do have an alibi :)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great, now I’m Jefe? Didn’t see that coming. I do have an alibi :)

Rare, but there are more out there!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you fly as a passenger on a plane rather than as the pilot, you just sit back and relax, it's boring.

Just the same, I was happy to get in to New York, where I caught a cab to the UN building. I pulled out my phone and brought up the list of recent numbers. The one I had been given was practically right at the top. it seemed as though so much time had passed when it had only been a few days. I pressed it.

Image1.jpg

The first time I had called, and answer had come immediately, this time the phone rang several times. "I wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon," came a familiar voice.

"Yeah, well, there's been a bit of a...snag."

I think you'd better come in, you know where the door is."

Indeed I did, so I went around to the side where I'd ben before, and took that same long elevator ride down. Samuelson was waiting when the doors opened.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

"So...I'm done now, right?"

With raised eyebrows, Samuelson and the other (who's name I still didn't know) looked at each other. Finally he spoke. "No, you aren't done." Under my breath, I swore. "In fact, we may just need you now more than ever." Exactly what I didn't want to hear.

The next morning I was at JFK with the rain pouring down in front of an aircraft anything like I'd ever seen.

2020-4-15_16-7-55-395.jpg

I boarded and took my seat. After a while, the plane started to move, and the liftoff was one of the smoothest I'd ever felt. We turned to follow the course and I relaxed in my seat. But it was only a few minutes later that I heard the engines spool up again as I was pressed back into the seat.

2020-4-15_16-8-59-266.jpg

It was shortly after I was given the option of going up to see the cockpit, like I might say no!

2020-4-15_16-25-11-747.jpg

The flight lasted a while longer, until we finally descended and landed, coming to a stop much faster than I thought would be possible.

"Great, now I’m Jefe? Didn’t see that coming. I do have an alibi."

Yes yes. I'm sure the Honda Jet can be easily modified for a.i. flight.... :confused:

Ha! I have no clue how to do that ;)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's something I've learned over the almost quarter of a century I've been flying. People think that if you're a pilot, you can fly anything. As such, I was once again horrified to find the next ride they had set up for me:

2020-4-16_10-31-14-683.jpg

We flew in formation to Straka's airfield to take it out. Okay, everyone else would fly in formation, I'd do everything I could to end up in the right place at the right time. When it was my turn to take to the runway, I powered up and before long found myself climbing to a ridiculous altitude. I adjusted the throttle and dropped back down, following my wingmen as I poked the buttons on the panel hoping to figure out how to make things work. I did manage to change the brightness on the heads up display.

2020-4-16_10-37-35-902.jpg

We flew to the field and I just had time to catch a glimpse of it over my shoulder before it erupted in flames.

2020-4-16_10-45-12-144.jpg

Then I turned around. Once again I found myself climbing uncontrollably. Just short of 70,000 feet the plane ran out of speed and dropped. I couldn't control it as it flopped around falling 25,000 feet in the next few minutes.

2020-4-16_10-47-53-823.jpg

Through absolute dumb luck, I was able to get the aircraft to settle down, then navigated back to the field we had taken off from using the time-honoured tradition of "point where you want to go and hope for the best."

I cleared the runway and once I was out of the plane I learned they had no further use for me at the moment. But, I was told, I could expect to do more work for them in the future, so they agreed to fly me home.

I got home and the next time I logged into my bank noticed they had paid me.

$1.00, minus tax.

Which made me think of the time that...well, that's another story.

Ha! I wasn’t there and that is not the main base. Your intelligence report is faulty (evil laugh) :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]