RXP Jetline 4 EFIS + ISG 1

IrishAirline99

Hi all,

I have recently been flying the Engima BAE ATP for FS2004. I currently have Francisco Silva's 2D panel installed which I use to fly. Due to limitations in screen real estate, I am hoping to have a dedicated second monitor connected soon which allows me to have the 2d panel displayed. I have been looking at various addon avionics packages that would further enhance flying this aircraft. The RXP Jetline 4 EFIS appears to strictly be for Windows XP (can anyone confirm this is the case?). I have also looked into the Integrated Simavionics Package 1 and this appears to be a good purchase based off of reviews. My question is do I have to edit the panel.cfgs for the ATP 2D panel in order to run the 2 payware gauges or can I simply run the gauges on the second monitor as 2d popups?

Kind Regards,

Conor

When I ran FS2004 I had just about every single Reality XP gauge made running in XP Pro 64. Then I migrated to Windows 7 and they said the gauges would not work in Windows 7, but to my amazement they did work. Though, I had to do a few things to make sure they did run in Windows 7. There was a help page on how to do that on with their FS9 gauges to run in Win 7, but I don't know where that is now. I do know that one of the prerequisites was to make sure DEP (Data Execution Prevention) was set to essential Windows programs and services ONLY. The other prerequisites may have been running the installer as Admin and in compatibility mode for XP, and I think I also ran the gauge as Admin and in compatibility mode for XP.

Now mind you again this was done in XP and Win 7. Not Win 10. I highly doubt they'll run in 10 especially if your FS install is in the programs folder and not in the root of C drive where it should be.

The Integrated Simavionics Package 1 is alright I guess, wasn't my cup of tea and their FMS left much to be desired since I was used to a real as it gets FMS in the PMDG 737 NG. If you can't get the awesome Reality XP EFIS gauge to work in 7 or 10, then perhaps the Integrated Simavionics Package 1 EFIS will suffice. Reality XP in my opinion has by far the best gauges and they're so life-like. I loved my SANDEL TAWS gauge to fly around mountains at night without crashing since it gave a warning of impending doom. I retrofitted that gauge in my F-22. While not very real from a cockpit perspective, it gave me utility and I enjoyed the features it gave me. Especially when I ever flew into Katmandu which can be a harry landing with zero visibility.

For gauge interrogation into the panel it's really not that hard once you understand the coordinate system and size system used. For a 2D panel only it's even easier. I always used FS Panel Studio to do it. Whether it was the 2D or VC panel. With a VC integration you have to note the previous gauge's location and size so it fits in the VC correctly. Then there are other factors. Like when I was adding flight attendant switches to the overhead of my PMDG 737 NG in FS Panel Studio I discovered there was a clear panel gauge thing or something that masked the gauges of the overhead so what I did was note its coordinates, moved it to the side and placed my flight attendant switches. Then I moved the invisible cloaked gauge back to its original position.

The Reality XP installer should give you an option to add the gauge to the cockpit, but it'll just be a pop up with a sim icon to turn on or off. You can bring that pop up to your second monitor if you want by just dragging it there. Keep in mind that if you chose to Sim with two monitors in the way you want, you'll need to put the Sim into Windowed mode in the video options.

To learn a little about gauge placement, read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/microsoft-esp/cc526956%28v=msdn.10%29

And I'd have a look at other panel.cfg files in your hangar to get an idea on how it works as well. But FS Panel Studio makes this very easy as it's practically drag and drop. Since I always customize my cockpits I find FS Panel Studio to be well worth the price. I always find myself adding or removing gauges to make the plane that much better.

I'd personally learn how to integrate the EFIS right into the cockpit where it belongs and use your second monitor for Little Navmap.

Little Navmap is a really great free add-on map that will show your position, AI position and even AI helicopters. I have the Heli Traffic 2009 add-on to add Helis to my skies. And Little Navmap will show you the ILS, its frequency, NDBs, VORs, elevation the whole nine yards. https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

When I ran FS2004 I had just about every single Reality XP gauge made running in XP Pro 64. Then I migrated to Windows 7 and they said the gauges would not work in Windows 7, but to my amazement they did work. Though, I had to do a few things to make sure they did run in Windows 7. There was a help page on how to do that on with their FS9 gauges to run in Win 7, but I don't know where that is now. I do know that one of the prerequisites was to make sure DEP (Data Execution Prevention) was set to essential Windows programs and services ONLY. The other prerequisites may have been running the installer as Admin and in compatibility mode for XP, and I think I also ran the gauge as Admin and in compatibility mode for XP.

Now mind you again this was done in XP and Win 7. Not Win 10. I highly doubt they'll run in 10 especially if your FS install is in the programs folder and not in the root of C drive where it should be.

The Integrated Simavionics Package 1 is alright I guess, wasn't my cup of tea and their FMS left much to be desired since I was used to a real as it gets FMS in the PMDG 737 NG. If you can't get the awesome Reality XP EFIS gauge to work in 7 or 10, then perhaps the Integrated Simavionics Package 1 EFIS will suffice. Reality XP in my opinion has by far the best gauges and they're so life-like. I loved my SANDEL TAWS gauge to fly around mountains at night without crashing since it gave a warning of impending doom. I retrofitted that gauge in my F-22. While not very real from a cockpit perspective, it gave me utility and I enjoyed the features it gave me. Especially when I ever flew into Katmandu which can be a harry landing with zero visibility.

For gauge interrogation into the panel it's really not that hard once you understand the coordinate system and size system used. For a 2D panel only it's even easier. I always used FS Panel Studio to do it. Whether it was the 2D or VC panel. With a VC integration you have to note the previous gauge's location and size so it fits in the VC correctly. Then there are other factors. Like when I was adding flight attendant switches to the overhead of my PMDG 737 NG in FS Panel Studio I discovered there was a clear panel gauge thing or something that masked the gauges of the overhead so what I did was note its coordinates, moved it to the side and placed my flight attendant switches. Then I moved the invisible cloaked gauge back to its original position.

The Reality XP installer should give you an option to add the gauge to the cockpit, but it'll just be a pop up with a sim icon to turn on or off. You can bring that pop up to your second monitor if you want by just dragging it there. Keep in mind that if you chose to Sim with two monitors in the way you want, you'll need to put the Sim into Windowed mode in the video options.

To learn a little about gauge placement, read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/microsoft-esp/cc526956%28v=msdn.10%29

And I'd have a look at other panel.cfg files in your hangar to get an idea on how it works as well. But FS Panel Studio makes this very easy as it's practically drag and drop. Since I always customize my cockpits I find FS Panel Studio to be well worth the price. I always find myself adding or removing gauges to make the plane that much better.

Thanks! Luckily I am running Windows 7 64 bit so I'm in luck :) I have messed around abit with 2d cockpit panel cfgs before in FSX and I think I have a good idea on how they work.. I am definitely leaning towards the RXP gauges since they appear to have a better selection of PFDs to choose from. Although I am looking for an addon FMC too but perhaps I will invest in the ISG package just for that as I am too used to using an FMC in most of the stuff I fly.