Spot view

farrout

I'm putting this under newcomer because it's been a few years since I have used FSX.

I used to use spot mode extensively especially during ground movement.

The version I am currently using does not permit moving the position of the spotter.

Is there a fix for that?

Dennis

What is the "version I am currently using"? And you don't mention what you are using for controls, either. While Mr. Zippy gives you good info for "zooming", going all around the aircraft horizontally, as well as up and down for the camera are certainly possible, so if you can't move the camera around in spot view (either locked OR not), then perhaps you need to change some key/button assignments on your controller(s). Mine uses the hat switch to move the spot view around, as well as doing viewing changes in other modes. Edited by lnuss
To confirm my settings

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Navigating the 'views' in FSX is done by press of 'A' and 'S' keys. To work out a routine you can use, live with, best fly with, get this: 'fsxcmds.zip', 1.98 Mb, compiled by 'Radarman'. They will apply to FSX, FSX Accel, and Steam. For now this is what you need: F10=2D Cockpit and F11=Locked Spot view.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I think that "moving the position of the spotter" is slewing the camera around the aircraft in the spot view, not changing type of view per the 'A' or 'S' keys. Of course farout can correct me if I've misunderstood, but I really think using the hat switch (or setting other desirable control device) is what he really needs to be looking at. And setting any of that will be the controls menu within FSX for the device in use (stick, yoke), and if memory serves that is ALT-O then C.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I think that "moving the position of the spotter" is slewing the camera around the aircraft in the spot view, not changing type of view per the 'A' or 'S' keys. Of course farout can correct me if I've misunderstood, but I really think using the hat switch (or setting other desirable control device) is what he really needs to be looking at. And setting any of that will be the controls menu within FSX for the device in use (stick, yoke), and if memory serves that is ALT-O then C.

Moving around in spot view: Use KEYPAD `4`, `6`, `2` and `8` keys

Moving around airplane in Locked Spot is better because there is no LATENCY. Moving cam (view point) is accomplished by use of hat switch. When done you reset cam positon by press of 'Ctrl+Space'. Holding spacebar down and moving your mouse also allows you to move the cam around the airplane.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).