GPS range

sparky347

With the default GPS with the default airplanes and in most addon airplanes the normal range in the GPS is 10 NM ,

But ib some addon planes the default range comes up at 2o NM. I know you can change the range by the zoom-in , zoom-out buttons.

But is there some way of re-setting the range in those planes that come with the 20 NM range so when you bring up the GPS. the range is already at 10NM?

If this is the default GPS in these add-on planes that have the default range set to 20NM, you could just edit the gauge XML to change that back to 10NM, or the easiest solution would be to use the default GPS gauge in the panel.cfg file. I have to go on my desktop and look at its name.

So the default GPS is called fs9gps!gps_500 in the panel.cfg file.

So if you go into your add-on plane's panel.cfg file and look for the GPS gauge, just replace it with fs9gps!gps_500.

Make sure you backup your original panel.cfg first.

Looking at the massive XML gauge file, I can't ascertain where in the code the default zoom level is at. And since I don't know XML it isn't something I'll really know without a guess. I have edited gauges, but it was educational guessing and some trial and error.

Ok thanks CRJ. Don't worry about not knowing XML. I know a LOT less than that. LOL

I will try to take a look at that panel cfg and see if I can figure out if I can change things , If not I guess I'll just live with manually changing the zoom range whenever I load the planes that have the default 20aNM range/

With the default GPS with the default airplanes and in most addon airplanes the normal range in the GPS is 10 NM ,

But ib some addon planes the default range comes up at 2o NM. I know you can change the range by the zoom-in , zoom-out buttons.

But is there some way of re-setting the range in those planes that come with the 20 NM range so when you bring up the GPS. the range is already at 10NM?

Try holding down the CLR button to see if that resets the display to 10 NM.