Do you think MSFS 2020 will simulate low Earth orbit (i.e.: SpaceX vehicles to ISS, or the like)?

They already said they rendered the Sun more accurately for seasonal sky placement, time of day, the stars in space... Did they say the planets will be visible?

Edited by Timberleaf

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I have heard a rumor ( OK.... I'm making up a rumor) that MFS 2020 will include a Space-X Mars mission. The downside being it will take about 7 months of game play to complete the one-way journey, so likely only REALLY die-hard flight simmers will try it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have had the Xtreme Prototypes X-15's well over 250,000 feet and to nearly Mach 4. Aerodynamic controls stop working at that altitude and FSX does not model for control thrusters. One must plan a gradual pitch over to maintain angle of attack going over the top of the climb. But it works. Great view too.

• 3 weeks later...
I mean, these sorts of altitudes aren't irrealistic, the MiG-25 has climbed up to 120k+ feet and regularily conducted recon missions at ridiculously high altitudes over Israel and Pakistan, so I don't see why we couldn't climb that high.

• 6 months later...
Wow, that would be awesome. If with updates there were different space opportunities. Thanks to many space companies, this topic is now more relevant than ever. It would be really great if the capabilities of launching their satellites into low-earth orbit were also added. What did you hear about this?