Tasman Empire Airways

Nice shots! Truly ugly bird!!

Michael

Nonono, it is beautiful! It's just that you don't see it yet, but patience my young friend, enlightenment will come if you are open to it..

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

She looks great on water! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This hits home with me because to me Empire Airways was an Idaho regional airline based out of Coeur d' Alene (KCOE) that operated Metro-liner turboprops between CDA, Lewiston (KLWS), and Boise (KBOI) in the mid- 80s. I flew with them a number of times in my younger days and even my beagle Bart got a ride between Boise and Coeur d' Alene on a Metroliner back in the day. I understand Bart was quite a hit at the terminal at CDA, nobody could shut him up when he discovered "grandma" was there to pick him up on the other end after he hadn't seen her for few months, lol. Empire Airways began life as Clearwater Flying Service in the late '70s flying cargo in Cessna 206's, years later after they gave up scheduled Metroliner service between the aforementioned airports they became a FedEx feeder operating ATR 42s between those same airports and a few others they added along the way. They can still be tracked to this day on flightaware, mostly flying Cessna Caravans nowdays under the airline code "CFS" which still harkens back to their Clearwater Flying Service days.

Glad you like it!

This was a paint I did quite a while ago, and after a fun discussion on another forum, and a bit more research on this aircraft, I decided to do an update:

49970965721_8af2b01793_4k.jpg2020-6-4_19-32-11-146

49970451313_685a55777e_4k.jpg2020-6-4_19-29-58-459

49970965911_ee088c020f_4k.jpg2020-6-4_19-25-1-664

49970965971_7b16a1e0a4_4k.jpg2020-6-4_19-23-58-975

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Quite an interesting aircraft and livery :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]