All-simulator

MichaelMarks

Can't help wondering if anyone is working on a single total simulation: combining flight simulation with simulation of any other vehicles, combined with street view, combined with moving within buildings, combined with virtual medicine, gyms, sports, shoot-em-ups, adventure, empire building, relationships - all in one.

No? Not even integrations, where you can move seemlesly from one to the other? It's been conceived of in sf movies and literature. You mean no-one is working on it in "real"(?) life?

I'm not very mobile, retired, don't have the resources to travel much, so I need this! Within 5 years, please? I don't want to have to do it myself.:)

Meanwhile I'll be flying around waiting for an answer.

• Founder

That's not an easy thing to do! Just look at how complex it is just to simulate a single type of vehicle--aircraft.

A few years ago there was "Vehicle Simulator" which simulated land, sea and air vehicles. We reviewed it at the time but have not heard anything about it since:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?17395-Review-Vehicle-Simulator

Some of what you want also sounds like "Second Life" which has been around for years, though I don't know how much vehicle simulation it includes.

FSX and early P3D (up to v2.5, at least) have this, to a degree. Granted that they are actually ground-bound aircraft, and are limited, but you can get cars, boats and air cushion vehicles for FS from the library here.

And, as Nels says, simulation is a complex operation, very difficult to program properly.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!