Who is planning a new rig build for the new sim?

I think there will be heartache for those who do not have adequate internet speed. I'm taking no chances. Having 200 meg service installing sometime this afternoon to replace my miserably slow 25 meg connection.

I have finally arrived at an Alienware 34" Curved Gaming Monitor - AW3420DW to go with those 2080ti cards.

This is hopefully going to be epic!

Internet speed is not crucial, tell you why if my experience with tileproxy days are correct:

The first time you fly a route your graphics will be bad due to slow internet speed, but slowly all the route tiles will be downloaded in your cache system and next time you fly that same route (provided there s a way to keep the cache files) the quality will be ok despite low internet, and once all the route is cached you can even fly offline

Its a guessing but based on tile loading bing mAp experience

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Internet speed is not crucial, tell you why if my experience with tileproxy days are correct:

The first time you fly a route your graphics will be bad due to slow internet speed, but slowly all the route tiles will be downloaded in your cache system and next time you fly that same route (provided there s a way to keep the cache files) the quality will be ok despite low internet, and once all the route is cached you can even fly offline

Its a guessing but based on tile loading bing mAp experience

If you fly in only one area then, yes, it will cache the downloads for you. That doesn't help, though, if you fly over many different places around the world as the amount of data being used is far more than what TileProxy and the like downloaded. Asobo started with 2 petabytes of raw data to generate the scenery, and while the end result is less than that, it is still far more than your computer will be able to store.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who can't or don't want to drop 1500 bucks +, I think you'll still enjoy a good experience. It 'seems' like this sim will not be like the others where you needed a machine that has not yet been invented to run at max sliders.

I did build a new machine - not exclusive for the sim but partly for that and partly b/c my old rig is a 2009 Core2Quad. Costs roughly $700 and I think the specs will allow a good experience (I hope) although maybe not to the level of the eyecandy i'll see here and elsewhere.

Core i3-10100 - air cooled

EVGA Bronze 450W PSU

GTX 1660 Super

32GB DDR4

500GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD

Asus Prime B460M-A Mobo

If any interest, I'll post my experiences with this rig after launch.

Good luck to all!

So, the imminent arrival of FS2020 is what has spurred me on to update my 2010 spec PC!

Old:-

Core2Quad Q6600, Arctic Freezer cooler, P35 chipset motherboard, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 8800GT, Spinning HDD

New:-

i5-9600K, AIO water cooking, Z390 Chipset motherboard, 16gb RAM, RTX2060 Super, Nvme SSD, Delanclip head tacking.

The head tracking is already making a massive difference in DCS and I can’t wait to go sightseeing in MSFS!

Rez

i5-9600k, Z390A-Pro, 16Gb, 1Tb NVME, RTX2060 Super, AIO Cooling

Looks good, but UGH!!!, I world NEVER have water inside my PC. I know a lot of people use water cooling, but not in my case, NEVER! Every automobile and motorcycle I've owned has leaked coolant at some point and don't want liquid dripping on expensive components. Doesn't make your PC any quieter (still needs fans AND a pump). And then you have mold and corrosion down the road.

Since I'm not a hard core over clocker, air cooling is fine thank you! off>

Dude, put your Arctic Freezer cooler back before it's too late!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I've had water cooling for 3 years now and not one drip to report. I don't even know where the header tank is to refill it anyway!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've had water cooling for 3 years now and not one drip to report, yet. I don't even know where the header tank is to refill it anyway!

I fixed your post for ya! ;)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

:D The whole thing is totally over-engineered with braided hose etc., I doubt it's under enough pressure or extremes of temperature to blow a seal.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My alienware was purchased in 2016, so its time for a new update on hardware. I will be waiting until winter of 2021 to make the ultimate machine for FS2020. Until then there will be some payware addon aircraft and most bugs will be fixed.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014