737-200 Tampa, Florida to Cincinnati/Covington, KY

I needed to try the 200. I didn't much care for the panel this one came with so I found a different one. FSX B732 En2 Classic Ratâ„¢ Panel Project.

I put the panel in after the flight. The plane came with 3 liveries.

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Larry. Did a quick test flight with it and works like a charm. Good 'ole steam gauges from another time :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, I like that, 737 Friend Ship! Very nice! that panel is full of gauges, Wow!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick. The panel that came with the download was very basic and sparse.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey David!

Even more memories!! I guess we all remember where we were on 9/11! Actually I was at work and we couldn't tell the news of what was happening in NY and shut down our assembly lines.

But as of that Friday afternoon I had three weeks vacation coming. And Molly and I had reservations out of CVG to London Gatwick on the daily red-eye non-stop flight that left about 21:30 most nights of the week, that Friday night.

So when we arrived at CVG we found the terminal full of people who had been there since the 9/11 shutdown awaiting a flight out. We were told, if our flight left we'd be the very first flight out of CVG since 9/11. If it didn't fly we'd be at the end of the list of all those people who'd been trying to fly since 9/11. And probably lucky to get out Tuesay or Wendsday of the next week.:eek::eek:

Much longer story short, about ten (10) minutes before our flight was scheduled to load the flight crew arrived!!! EVERYONE IN THAT DEPARTURE LOUNGE STOOD AND CLAPPED FOR THEIR ARRIVAL!!! We left about a hour late, but we left on the flight we were scheduled to fly on!!!!

So as far as I can tell, we were certainly the first, very first, international flight to leave US soil after 9/11. We certainly were on the first US flight to land at Gatwick!!

We spent almost three weeks in England that trip and everywhere we went we were always bought the first beer by people thanking us for being "brave enough" to fly after 9/11!

We weren't brave, we just wanted to enjoy the trip we had already planned!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey David!

Even more memories!! I guess we all remember where we were on 9/11! Actually I was at work and we couldn't tell the news of what was happening in NY and shut down our assembly lines.

But as of that Friday afternoon I had three weeks vacation coming. And Molly and I had reservations out of CVG to London Gatwick on the daily red-eye non-stop flight that left about 21:30 most nights of the week, that Friday night.

So when we arrived at CVG we found the terminal full of people who had been there since the 9/11 shutdown awaiting a flight out. We were told, if our flight left we'd be the very first flight out of CVG since 9/11. If it didn't fly we'd be at the end of the list of all those people who'd been trying to fly since 9/11. And probably lucky to get out Tuesay or Wendsday of the next week.:eek::eek:

Much longer story short, about ten (10) minutes before our flight was scheduled to load the flight crew arrived!!! EVERYONE IN THAT DEPARTURE LOUNGE STOOD AND CLAPPED FOR THEIR ARRIVAL!!! We left about a hour late, but we left on the flight we were scheduled to fly on!!!!

So as far as I can tell, we were certainly the first, very first, international flight to leave US soil after 9/11. We certainly were on the first US flight to land at Gatwick!!

We spent almost three weeks in England that trip and everywhere we went we were always bought the first beer by people thanking us for being "brave enough" to fly after 9/11!

Michael

Had anyone ever told you that you should write a book? Your life history is quite incredible! I’d buy a copy.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey David!

Michael

yeah, I was in school that day, going to class, when I found out what happened, but just did not understand, due to only being in 2nd grade, as to what was happening.

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

yeah, I was in school that day, going to class, when I found out what happened, but just did not understand, due to only being in 2nd grade, as to what was happening.

Sampa,

I doubt anyone ever understood what that was all about!! The whole thing led to just one cover up and political ploy after another. The whole aftermath was conducted exactly this Coronavirus epidemic is being conducted!!:eek::eek:

CYA never solves anything!!:mad::mad:

Michael

So very very true, Michael. The misdirections, cover ups, et al, led to more American deaths than any terrorist ever dreamed of . . . . and this with Corvid will lead to far more violence, deaths, and degradation of our Democracy than ever before.

Had anyone ever told you that you should write a book? Your life history is quite incredible! I’d buy a copy.

:D:D Thanks David!! At 75 I'm much too old and as my composition profs always said, much to verbose, to ever attempt an actual book!! I just bore folks with short stories. Which come to think of it, often aren't short at all!! :o:o

Michael

:D:D Thanks David!! At 75 I'm much too old and as my composition profs always said, much to verbose, to ever attempt an actual book!! I just bore folks with short stories. Which come to think of it, often aren't short at all!! :o:o

Michael

You’re never to old to start a new project!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David,

You might be right! Let me drink a few drams of Highland Park, and I just might. :eek::eek:

Worked for Hemingway :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I tried a flight with the new panel yesterday and could not change the Nav freqs. Guess I need to play with it a little more :confused:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Look in your aircraft.cfg folder and make sure you have an entry for radios and that it looks like the following! This may help, if only it could be that simple? :rolleyes:

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1, 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

David - Look in your aircraft.cfg folder and make sure you have an entry for radios and that it looks like the following! This may help, if only it could be that simple? :rolleyes:

[Radios]

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1, 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

It sure is worth a look. Funny how I can select a COM freq with no problem. I’ll let you know what I find

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Radios]

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1, 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

Thanks Rick, all looks good. I posted a question to Ken's Facebook page to see if there is a hidden trick to it. :o

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - Did that fix your radio/nav issues?

Rick

No, the Nav still won’t work. I posted to Ken’s Facebook page to see if there is a special trick to it

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - I found that panel that you downloaded! You know that panel alone is 194 MB in size? Is it that nice of a panel? I don't even like downloading complete aircraft with that kind of size!

Just a thought!

I never had downloaded a 737-200, but I have one now. The whole complete aircraft is only 16.4 MB and the panel is okay, works for me!

2020-7-29_18-51-29-151.jpg

2020-7-29_19-48-55-677.jpg

Edited by Downwind66

David - I found that panel that you downloaded! You know that panel alone is 194 MB in size? Is it that nice of a panel? I don't even like downloading complete aircraft with that kind of size!

Just a thought!

I never had downloaded a 737-200, but I have one now. The whole complete aircraft is only 16.4 MB and the panel is okay, works for me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220473[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220474[/ATTACH]

Well this is what the Com/Nav pop up window looks like from the panel I downloaded. I'm really wanting to go with the steam gauges for the effect. You can see the white box for Nav one adjust. It will give me a = and - when I hover over it. But when I click on it, nothing happens.

fsscr1.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - try this! 1) Try to click on the right side of knob just right of Nav freq window OR try to put the mouse pointer in the window, moving and clicking, first between the 1 and the 3 and then if that works, move on over to the .70 to see if you can't click next to the 0 to raise and then see if you can't click near the 7. Sorry, i've never seen this before, I am just throwing suggestions that I think might work, but then again ????

Good luck, Rick :cool:

David - try this! 1) Try to click on the right side of knob just right of Nav freq window OR try to put the mouse pointer in the window, moving and clicking, first between the 1 and the 3 and then if that works, move on over to the .70 to see if you can't click next to the 0 to raise and then see if you can't click near the 7. Sorry, i've never seen this before, I am just throwing suggestions that I think might work, but then again ????

Good luck, Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick. Yep, tried that also. Really nods. :confused:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]