Tail number and Call Sign don't save?

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I too would prefer it if the sim would save these things, but I don’t think it does (yet)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

New guy here, but flight simmer since version 1. I've hard coded the tail number in for the 172 glass version so it comes up everytime.

The location on my system is here:

\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FS2020\Official\Steam\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

I changed this line, but there is another line for "atc flight number" which I'm sure could be coded as well:

atc_id = "123CL" ; tail number

I’ll certainly give it a try, thanks :)

Update: I have done the same as you, but with the Robin DR400.. & it worked!

You only need to change the tail number & the ATC callsign is automatically changed, as is the callsign that you see in the cockpit.

Thank again!

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a pity other players can’t see your call sign. Anyone else notice the black rectangle on the plane, covering up where the callsign would be?

Regards

Steve

I mentioned this in a post a couple of weeks back. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't.

As regards the callsign, this is presumably blanked because there is no profanity filter. You can give yourself callsign "MF" (abbreviated here, full in the game) and it will pronounce without issue.

Vern.