I believe this flight sim 2020 is a disgrace to the flight sim community ! its not for the cp user at all its for x-box .Most of our present controllers we all have dont work what a joke !This sim is not what its cracked up to be at all even the scenery looks false in most areas . Ive been flying flight sim for years , and this one looks bad.

“Even the scenery looks false in MOST areas” What are you talking about? It’s sooooo much better than anything we’ve a

Ever had.

You sure your not talking about FS4? FS5 or even FSX? P3d?

As for controls.. my Honeycomb yoke works wonders, as do my Saitek throttles (I’m waiting for the Bravo) and even my cheap (Saitek) Xbox controller. No problems here.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have been flight simming since Solo Flight in 1985. I love this. It's full of bugs and it's frustrating, but I can't take my eyes off it. Flying up the cost to Seattle Tacoma this morning in the early morning mist was just, well I never.....

• 2 weeks later...
I believe this flight sim 2020 is a disgrace to the flight sim community ! its not for the cp user at all its for x-box .Most of our present controllers we all have dont work what a joke !This sim is not what its cracked up to be at all even the scenery looks false in most areas . Ive been flying flight sim for years , and this one looks bad.

I have so many bugs including update problem, I want a refund, but how to get it !!!

I have so many bugs including update problem, I want a refund, but how to get it !!!

I hope you get your refund

And next time you think about getting a complex simulator do your homework first, sign up to forums and spend a couple of months asking questions and learning, because the way you look to me with just two posts, is that you bought the sim in the hype and thought its just like an arcade-game over.

....and then you come with the game like a baby crying to his parents? : "daddy..it doesnt work"

im seeing so many of you first time posters in a forum ranting against the sim when its you that havent got the slightest idea about anything!

Go back to Freefire, Fortnight or GTA. This is a simulation of an actual ractivity-profession, demands studying and training

You know, ever since it was anounced that it was going to be on xbox i knew this would rain everyday

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Well said Kapitan! :)

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have been flight simming since Solo Flight in 1985. I love this. It's full of bugs and it's frustrating, but I can't take my eyes off it. Flying up the cost to Seattle Tacoma this morning in the early morning mist was just, well I never.....

Agree

Hey there alan4728 ! I've been flight simming for 20 years. Although not a huge poster here on flightsim.com I HAVE posted more than twice and I can say that as a long time flight simmer, this new Microsoft Flight Simulator is just fantastic. Way better than FSX or prepare 3d. Way better and easier to set up and navigate than xplane.

I have returned to flightsim.com just in the last few months as the new MSFS has arrived and the one thing that seems different is all the cry babies on this site right now. Where are all the smart people who know how to read and look stuff up and solve little problems ? When I first started on flightsim.com there seemed to be so many smart and enthusiastic people. Now it seems so much more negative.

When I first installed the new MSFS it took forever to download and get set up. But I did my homework and was prepared. I had a clean updated windows 10, all the latest drivers and I read a ton and watched a ton of great YouTube videos. Then I tinkered a bit and now the new simulator is running great on my machine. Smooth as silk even in New York with lots of dramatic weather. Thank you to all the great contributors here and on YouTube who helped me out. And for all you negative Nancy's who have posted twice in your life, go back to bed !

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

To anyone thinking of refunding, as someone who did and then recanted (bought it again!), think very carefully. Even if you only do a couple of GA flights a week you will still be getting great value out of the title - there is no other sim or game out there with the scope this offers.

Yes I will maintain until I'm blue in the face that MS/Asobo went too soon with this and effectively gave us an early access/open beta version, but I am prepared to extend a little faith and hope they address some of the more glaring issues in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, fire up the Icon or Cessna 152 and go do some sightseeing.

Vern.

Contact the people who you bought it from. Simple!

Why did you rush to buy it? without doing due diligence?

A week or 2 wait would have helped you decide.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The eye candy is SPECTACULER but i cant get throttle or flaps to work properly on my throttletek.There are plenty of bugs hope they get worked out.They released this TOO SOON.

To anyone thinking of refunding, as someone who did and then recanted (bought it again!), think very carefully. Even if you only do a couple of GA flights a week you will still be getting great value out of the title - there is no other sim or game out there with the scope this offers.

Yes I will maintain until I'm blue in the face that MS/Asobo went too soon with this and effectively gave us an early access/open beta version, but I am prepared to extend a little faith and hope they address some of the more glaring issues in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, fire up the Icon or Cessna 152 and go do some sightseeing.

And that’s why I chuckle when I read posts like “I’ve uninstalled FSX and all its add ons!”

If it were me, I’d hang on to past sims as a fall back. If I want to do some sightseeing, low and slow, MSFS 20.

If I want to fly a pax jet in Southwest colors and recreate a real world flight from A to B, FSX, FS9, P3, etc.

Not to mention the bugs that are being reported. Have to do something to pass the time while waiting for a patch or two. But that’s just me. It’s an addiction, not just a game.

Edited by kingnorris
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

“Even the scenery looks false in MOST areas” What are you talking about? It’s sooooo much better than anything we’ve a

Ever had.

You sure your not talking about FS4? FS5 or even FSX? P3d?

As for controls.. my Honeycomb yoke works wonders, as do my Saitek throttles (I’m waiting for the Bravo) and even my cheap (Saitek) Xbox controller. No problems here.

Regards

Steve

I beg your pardon sir nothing wrong with Ps4 graphics do you actually own one?

And that’s why I chuckle when I read posts like “I’ve uninstalled FSX and all its add ons!”

If it were me, I’d hang on to past sims as a fall back. If I want to do some sightseeing, low and slow, MSFS 20.

If I want to fly a pax jet in Southwest colors and recreate a real world flight from A to B, FSX, FS9, P3, etc.

Not to mention the bugs that are being reported. Have to do something to pass the time while waiting for a patch or two. But that’s just me. It’s an addiction, not just a game.

You are correct this has great potential but right now its close to unflyable unless you love to fly the 152 or Icon.

You are correct this has great potential but right now its close to unflyable unless you love to fly the 152 or Icon.

Flying VFR every basic package prop and turboprop seems to fly fine once I learned how the autopilot needs to be handled. Maybe IFR is different but the youtube channels doing useful instructions videos didn’t seem to have enough problems to say even the 320 was unflyable.

I only fly GA ships under VFR though.

There is undoubtedly a lot of work left to be done but I’ve flown the length snd breadth of the UK and New Zealand in several different aircraft and made several Australia to NZ hops and not had anything but low fuel problems.

Indeed, we do not need pity parties here!

Why on earth did he rush to be one of the 1st to buy it, without being patient for a week or 2, reading the forums & discussions. Mea Culpa!

Oh I don't know. Maybe he watched all the marketing videos and fell for all the hype that the marketing people put out. I for one bought the $1 Xbox for PC "trial" for a month to try it out. I have made my decision to not buy it in it's current state. Other than scenery eye candy MSFS was rushed out. It is a beta and should have been labeled an early access game. Yes folks this is a game. Stop kidding yourselves. It's a game. I am staying with FS9 with all my addons until this beta is fixed. Then I will revisit the game.

To the OP just contact the site where you purchased this game. Ask them for a refund.

We all want realism and fidelity to the real machines.

In GA single engine, i dont know of any payware in previous simulations that is more realistic than the default C152

In airliners, the default A320Neo Airbus (with added Mod upgrade) has more functionality than most paywares from the other sims.

So i killed your arguments regarding planes.

On scenery this is what happens:

Once you get the chance to see earth like it really is with terrain, coastlines, mountains, etc in MSFS2020, you just cannot go back

Because the pleasure and eye relaxing view of flying over a coastline or elevation area that depicts the landscape is... what stimulates you to start a flight. Even if in IFR you seldom look outside, you want a sim that in case you do look...its real

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

The posts complaining about the sim being unflyable is a bit hard to believe. Once you understand the nuances of the sim and the default aircraft, it's fairly straightforward. Once you understand its limitations, it's an incredibly simple sim to fly in. After a few flights in the default A320neo, its behavior is fairly predictable.

If you guys had played FSX from launch, you would know how to handle basic default aircraft with limited functionality. For constantly wanting study-level aircraft, you guys don't seem to want to put effort into studying new simulators to understand their nuances...