Is Anyone using the Speedlink Phantom hawk Flight Stick

Hi I was using Fsx steam like alot of other people ,I decided to splash out and buy msfs20 Disk version, but like others when it came to connecting a controller I found it would not work ,so it meant buying a new one no problem with that ,but alot of people had the

same idear and it left the market a bit dry.So being a OAP with not much money lol i decided on a cheap stick just to get flying bad idear i am having problems setting the binding to this stick and cant get the throttle slider to work at all after 4 days of watching youtube videos and seching forums i did manage to get Arilons and elevators to work but the settings for the throttle slider eludes me if anyone is using this controller for msfs20

and as successfully set all the bindings i wonder if they might share the settings or if anyone as help or advise it would be much Appreciated i am not that good with flight sims and need all the help i can get lol i know this is another joystick problem post but i dont have any choice i am really stuck. thanks

I’d never even heard of this until now. Just checked it out.. it vibrates? It looks pretty good for the price!

As for setting up the throttle...go into the control settings..

Choose the controller.. change the filter from Unassigned to ALL.

Under throttle you want to look for THROTTLE AXIS. Ignore all the other throttle controls (like throttle 1 axis)

Click the “search by input” box & then move the joystick’s throttle lever up and down so that it’s detected. (you may have to click “reverse axis” too)

Save the settings

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi than you so much for the reply i have tried almost everything ,but thanks i will give it a go with what you recommend as i see it i have nothing to lose lol i will let you know how i get on if thats alright .sorry if tying bad i have Artharitis in my hands.

kind regards

Andrew

No problem Andrew. Hope you sort it.

I’m still amazed at the cheap price of that joystick :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

hiya Steve i think im halfway there lol The throttle is increasing the power ie working in the forward direction but not decreasing power when i slide it back do you think i need to tick the reverse axis as you sugested or is there something else im missing at least i made some progress lol

regards

Andrew

Ps Great news steve i have it working im so grateful for your help if ever i can help you please ask and i will try BTW i have a spare new speedlink joystick if your intrested like the one im using i will send it to you if your interested im only in lincolnshire you could even pick it up but maybe you got enough sticks lol let me know before i send it back lol

Edited by Apollo212

Hi Andrew, glad to help & I'm so pleased It’s working now :)

Thank you very much for your kind offer of the joystick but I’m actually using a Honeycomb yoke now, & I’m waiting for their new “Bravo” throttle unit to arrive (early September?)

Anyway thanks again.

Best regards

Steve

Hi Steve thats ok i wish i could get one money is not an issue but i wouldnt be able to fixit to my desk without modification i ordered a thrusmaster- t flight hotas joystick and throttle if i cant get on with that well who knows i might consider the Honeycomb yoke the trouble is we dont know what these things are like at least i dont i played fsx for 640hrs and only ever had my old sidewinder all these yokes and sticks are new to me yes i read reviews but i dont trust them lol i would rather ask someone who as one i didnt mean to insult you by offering the joystick to you btw Anyway i cant thank you enough for solving my problem .

regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I wasn’t insulted at all. It was kind of you.

The honeycomb yoke really is good. It has two clamping methods.. two hand tight clamps & also a large adhesive backed suction pad (which can be moved & repositioned many times)

I have mine stuck to the desk using both the suction pad and the clamps. I’m very impressed so far.

Hopefully the throttle will be just as good. They certainly look good, with their landing gear, annunciation panel & trim wheel, all built in!

Best regards

Steve

Hi steve i am considering it now lol its costing me a fortune bought, more memory 3 joysticks and getting a new graphics card i think well its on my wish list lol I think the 1070 i have is getting old despite the 8gig onboard dd5 memory Anyway i dont want to keep bothering you.

regards

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I have a new Phantom Hawk, Windows 10, FS2020 but when I start the game it just see Generic Controller and not the Phantom Hawk.

I only get 5 items to set, brake and roll (l/r) and pitch (l/R)

I have seen some youtube videos and FS2020 actually identifies the Phantom Hawk and shows all the functions - any help greatly appreciated

Barry