Painful...AP can not follow right direction of flight plans

I have to say, this post of way off base on two counts. One, the scenery is not just "pretty" -- it is real-world for the entire planet, which is a revolutionary advance that is way beyond anything seen in any previous simulator. Two, you have apparently been nowhere near a game arcade in years (or decades), because MSFS is a highly detailed and often challenging simulator that bears no relationship whatsoever to arcade games. "Kiddie crowd"? Are you serious?

And that is your opinion. I stand by mine. We will have to agree to disagree.

I think most of the problems I encounter now are due to loading saved flights or using "travel to." Looks like sometimes the flight plan gets deleted, the plane will appear pointed in the wrong direction, or atc will have me do something like fly to 13,000 right before the localizer.

If I haven't saved a flight, most the problems are me just doing things wrong I think.

More, the default planes are modelled better than most paywares in the other simulators.

funny reading posts here of guys complaining the C152 wont start and they havent opened the fuel valve below their feet (because they have never been in a real one, too much Xplane perhaps) or Ctrl-E

I agree with your posts in here... Most peoples knee-jerk reactions are to blame the sim for things they do not personally understand, or that they expect to work the same as in other sims. It doesn't help that ASOBO totally threw 25+ years of standard MSFS UI concept right in the bin. Having to relearn how to work MSFS has been a little frustrating and I in many cases don't think that the way Asobo have done it is an improvement, but it is what it is, we'll learn it.

As far as the sim aspects, I think it is a bit hyperbolic for someone to call it a kiddy sight seeing game. The GA planes in here that I've actually been around in real world are accurate, everything does what its supposed to do, and the airplanes fly as their real world counterparts, I would ask that person if they have the realism set to real? The G1000 avionics do seem a little glitchy, but they do work.

As for the airliners, I really can't comment with authority as I've never flown one, the 787 definitely seems to have some serious issues with how they have modeled the avionics, half of the buttons aren't even active yet in the sim, others don't behave as I would expect, but having never sat in the front of one, I do not know if they are behaving as they should.

I have definitely had the AP flake out in GA planes in this sim, that seems to be real, and clearly needs a patch. Just last night in the DA40, it was flying along on HDG's just fine, I turned off AP to do some manuvering, and when I turned it back on, it would not accept a new HDG, even if I tryed to just put it in LVL mode it would try to return to the old HDG, even tho the bug was no longer on that heading. Quite odd.

However, I should point out that in the real world I have had no shortage of flaky autopilots over the years, so to claim this isn't realistic is a mixed bag! :rolleyes: In all seriousness, it should work right, its not a beat up 35 year old 172, its a clean new one in FS, and it should work properly.

Anyhow, nothing wrong with the sim tho, yes, bugs galore. So freakin many bugs, that is real. But to write the whole thing off as a kiddie game, as some have, is just a sign of not taking time to adjust to a different product. It isn't FSX, it isn't X-Plane, it is its own separate thing, and you're going to need to put the time in to setting it up, just like you do in all those other sims.

Just made a flight today with FMS in the Airbus (upgraded with the MOD) EKCH-ENGM using Simbrief to generate the flightplan and fill the FMC with the additional data such as Flex temperature, TOW, wind en route, etc and landed safely, another hour successfully looged in the book

No problems with waypoints, just proper flying

If you doubt its working perfectly watch this video by a young kid

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Anyhow, nothing wrong with the sim tho, yes, bugs galore. So freakin many bugs, that is real.

Ok now this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Nothing wrong with the sim but bugs galore. Well which is it? This game is a beta. Nothing more. I do hope it gets fixed though.

Edited by bam1220

Just made a flight today with FMS in the Airbus (upgraded with the MOD) EKCH-ENGM using Simbrief to generate the flightplan and fill the FMC with the additional data such as Flex temperature, TOW, wind en route, etc and landed safely, another hour successfully looged in the book

No problems with waypoints, just proper flying

If you doubt its working perfectly watch this video by a young kid

Nice, me too.

Just a vfr flight for me in the c172, Alicante to Ibiza. Found out that you can add custom waypoints on your flightplan which is good. Change my mind half way to Mallorca to head for Ibiza instead and used the G1000 direct-to to change the flightplan mid-flight. Cool.

The few bugs that i have found so far are easily managed, so basically i am loving it.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

if you are using Active Pause (the Pause keyboard)

That is not AP s fault

Active Pause is not recommended unless in exceptional cases and for very short seconds

cause the world carries on with wind, time, etc.

As a matter of fact no other sim has active pause, its a new feature so you cant say it behaves any different.

If you need to pause just press esc

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

if you are using Active Pause (the Pause keyboard)

That is not AP s fault

Active Pause is not recommended unless in exceptional cases and for very short seconds

cause the world carries on with wind, time, etc.

As a matter of fact no other sim has active pause, its a new feature so you cant say it behaves any different.

If you need to pause just press esc

That doesn't excuse it from being buggy. And has been pointed out elsewhere when this form of pause came up, it is a feature in more professional flight simulators.

Yes. Active pause is practically useless and usually downright murderous. I don’t use it. Can’t imagine how a Pause button in live multiplayer could ever work. Instead I just use altitude and heading hold if I need to change anything or make a coffee or whatever. Works just as well.

I disagree. MSFS 2020 is a pretty scenery game. As a flight simulator it falls flat on it's face. Appears to be geared for the arcade kiddie crowd. This is not a simulator. And yes I am a real world pilot.

You said it. The new sim has introduced a whole new species of morons. A few minutes on YouTube will prove the point. One guy chasing the eye of hurricane Laura. Another taxiing around Area 51 looking for aliens. Another looking for volcanic ash in Hawaii. Haven't seen one yet attempt a landing, or use the avionics.

You said it. The new sim has introduced a whole new species of morons. A few minutes on YouTube will prove the point. One guy chasing the eye of hurricane Laura. Another taxiing around Area 51 looking for aliens. Another looking for volcanic ash in Hawaii. Haven't seen one yet attempt a landing, or use the avionics.

Nope.

Those guys have existed for years, you just luckily never ran across them apparently. And game publishers use those 'influencers' to .. well... influence.

They are TV commercials. 'Do whatever you want, just don't point out the flaws, we don't care if you can't fly, just make it fun, talk about the amazing scenery...'

Nothing new. Those kids make a lot of money doing that stuff. It works.

Never ever trust a pre-release youtube review of anything. It is always a shill.

And as far as being unable to land or use the avionics, doesn't matter, that isn't what their audience cares about. They aren't pilots.