A320 Autopilot

So I load up a A320neo at the end of my favorite runway, not destination set. I apply full power and take off. I set autopilot 1 on and try set my altitude and heading.

I get to 5,000ft and level out.

I set my altitude to 34,000ft which stays.

I set my vertical speed to +1,800ft/m but it keeps clearing after a few seconds.

I set my heading to X but it clears after a few seconds.

What the heck am I doing wrong???

I had the same problem. The switches for the A320 autopilot are dual. if you hover over it and move the cursor ever so much, you will see it says engage managed or engage selected. I believe the managed one is the one set in the FMC, if you use the engaged selected, that is what you dialed in and it will be set. (or something like that). Honest i had the same issues but I started doing it with the selected one and things worked just fine.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

The game is junk. Get your money back now.

There are obviously plenty of bugs at the moment & they will be fixed. But to say such a thing isn’t really called for. There are many of us who love it & think it’s the best yet. It’s certainly a lot of fun. VFR flying is fantastic.

If you don’t like it that’s fair enough but there are plenty who would disagree.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Im not so sure

Is the Autothrottle on?, is the Climb sign displayed? is Lvl Thrst sign displayed?

Pay very atention to the green/blue signs on top of the HSI display, its there you will know what mode the autopilot is performing.

Because both the speed selector and heading selector have two possible modes, clicking upwards is to engage fmc selection or autothrottle (climb-to/go/etc), and clicking below to pursue the selected value.

And the position of the thrust levers are also very important, they must be full forward (max power), for the autopilot features to work properly, if they are idle or low the autopilot settings disconnect (and a security anti-stall should take over)

I think you spent many years (since fs9) flying the wrong way in totally fake Airbus panels.

Now that they are bringing a more realistic we must study and learn to fly it as it should. I am doing that right now, Im used to Boeings but not Airbus. There are videos on youtube from a real Airbus pilot that will help

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Actually I slightly retract my comment above after finding reloading a saved flight the AP and AT both off and a tussle to get them back up. Then discovered the FMC not retained the flight plan. See my other post on this but starting to feel I paid £60 to be a beta tester.

How on earth were some of these issues not picked up during the Alpha/(brief) Beta periods?

Vern.

How on earth were some of these issues not picked up during the Alpha/(brief) Beta periods?

Most, if not all, of these issues were found and reported. It looks like the problem is that Asobo has a big backlog of issues to fix.

I agree its a pitty not to allow the 747 fmc to save flight plans just as the expensive Pmdg or Aerosoft do.

But...since when we had a default plane that could do this?

Neither you can save a panel state for any default

I think we are not balancing what we used to have versus what we have today and what are logical commodities and comfy features that usually come with more

complex addon.

The default plane (airliner) loads the flightplan you selected in the main menu, and that yes can be saved. Whatever changes you make in-flight vanish with that flight.

I see much coherence there.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I had the same problem. The switches for the A320 autopilot are dual. if you hover over it and move the cursor ever so much, you will see it says engage managed or engage selected. I believe the managed one is the one set in the FMC, if you use the engaged selected, that is what you dialed in and it will be set. (or something like that). Honest i had the same issues but I started doing it with the selected one and things worked just fine.

Done that, it just clears.