How to Limit thrust of a engine?

surrodox2001

In the aircraft.cfg, look for thrust_scalar=1.0. The value of 1.0 means 100%. Try reducing it to 0.9 (90%) and test to see if it's nearer to your requirements.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well, I probably have to explain more about this...

I'm asking about does a gauge to specifically cap the throttle of individual engines (NOT all engines), making a engine's thrust lower the others exists?

Searching for "throttle gauge" in the file library yields nothing like that above.

Or it's just impossible and you've to throttle down the engine you need manually?

Sorry I misread your original post. I've never seen such a gauge and the .cfg and .air files only have a single specification for the engine, no matter how many there may be. Looks like you'll have to upgrade all three engines!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sorry I misread your original post. I've never seen such a gauge and the .cfg and .air files only have a single specification for the engine, no matter how many there may be. Looks like you'll have to upgrade all three engines!

Aww, that's sad. Probably I've to make do of the limitation and go with higher power on the center engine... Thanks

It is possible to cap such an engine using a panel gauge, but it will be fighting any joystick/yoke control.

The logic: IF the throttle lever for engine number 2 is above X %, THEN set the throttle for engine #2 to X %.

To detect the position of the throttle lever for engine #2 you could use the variable (A:General eng2 throttle lever position, percent). This variable's output will vary between 0 and 100 percent, depending on the position of the throttle.

The control of the throttle could be: [number] (>K:THROTTLE2_SET). This variable accepts values between 0 (0% throttle) to 16383 (100% throttle.

So (for example) if you wanted to limit the throttle for engine number 2 to 80% throttle, the code would be something like:

(A:General eng2 throttle lever position, percent) 80 > if{ 13106 (>K:THROTTLE2_SET) }

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I checked in the Dreamfleet 727 (I reinstalled FS9 just for this beauty), and there's nothing in the FDE that indicates 2 different engines. Looks like they did an average of the 3 engines and put those in the Super27.

Now, they may have done anything in the gauges, between limiting throttle in Engine 2 (as Tom explained), or something simpler, like displaying some "adjusted" values for the engine gauges. I mean, at the same throttle position that shows N1=95% for engines 1&3, N1 in engine 2 would be 100% or something like that. You don´t need to show the actual N1 calculated by FS9.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

You can 'Select Engine' with 'E+X' (with 'X' being 1, 2, 3, 4). Then whatever 'action' you do applies to THAT engine only. For example you could do 'E+2', then do 'Ctrl+Shift+F1' and shut off Engine 2 (while 1 and 3 would remain ON). When you decide to re-start Engine 2 then you do 'E+2' then 'Ctrl+E'. If so, then you should also do selective throttle change(s) with F2 (decrease) and F3 (increase)? I guess.

Not sure if you could reduce throttle/power on that one engine only because I did not try it. But it may be possible.

When you want any 'action' to apply to ALL engines you then do 'E+1,2,3,4' (Hold E and press 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 in quick sucession). You are back to 'normal'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

hi mr. gibson,

it should work as you describe it, BUT did you use a Gauge which shows the Thrust of all 3 engines whether FS9 is REALLY applying thrust per engine ?

this is very interesting to me and i will do an analysis when i'm done with my current REAL life project to get my 1075 Pontiac Grandville Converible with 2 radios back on the road.(original old and a new radio with all the modern function to work without interference of each other)

sincerely

g. kirschstein