ATC is a bust...

Posting this from another forum. Everyone including myself has been so busy flying around looking at scenery no one has done a true IFR flight. I just struggled through a CJ4 flight with an autopilot that struggled to maintain climb angle only to find when I got to my destination ATC just vectored me past the runway and never vectored me back to the airfield. This was a visual approach not even IFR. Tried this a few more times with different airports and there is a problem with ATC vectoring the aircraft to the airport for short final or IF approach. Default ATC has been a mainstay since FS2k2, I hope this is addressed. I put in a ticket with MS to get some eyes on this, hope it does.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/Dillon01.jpg

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 10 Home 32GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6

There definitely is a problem with the ATC. Unless you are watching a map or waypoints, you are suppose to know when to make your turn towards the airport. You don't stand much of a chance the way it is.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Is there a way to fly an IFR approaches/landings with ATC? I tried twice and IRC ATC waited too long before the descent and didn't really know what to do when I was at like 8,000 ft above the airport.

ATC doesn't seem to guide you there with IFR like it did in FSX. Are we supposed to use the ask for vector repeatedly?

I'll eventually try saving at a good point and seeing if I can get it down, but loading flights seems to mess up autopilot and without a real pause button this is hard to fix. Really wish we could have a real pause button!

Also, I wonder if the altitude problem me not descending fast enough or a glitch. Seemed like I was supposed to get from assigned 38,000 to 2 thousand in about 10 min or so. Any help on this that I can learn how to do or is it just a glitch and I should fly approaches/descents while ignoring ATC?

The built-in flight planner is far more sophisticated than earlier versions. You can create an IFR low or high level plan which includes SIDS and STARS with transitions, and view them on the map before saving the plan. If you save a flight plan which includes a SID and a STAR, ATC will recognise them and clear your departure and approach "as planned".

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes you create a complete flight plan including SID and STAR, plus weather and AI aircraft options, then SAVE the plan before clicking FLY. It's a similar process to the payware flight planners for previous versions of FS. The complete flight plan will be automatically loaded into the G1000/G3000/FMC when you start the flight.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you so much for those suggestions, I can't wait to try it out. I've had such a tough time figuring out what is a bug and what I need to learn. I wonder if that will allow me to resume flights without the AP going weird or use to go to/skip to function. Thank you again, I'll report if this fixed everything.