August 27th Development Update

Today's update includes more information about the first patch for the sim. See the link below for the release notes.

PATCH UPDATE COMING WITHIN 7 DAYS

Patch contains fixes to reduce crash and installation issues, along with other bug fixes and improvements.

The team would like to thank the community for all your feedback!

ONCE THE PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED – To install the patch, simply close Microsoft Flight Simulator and and relaunch.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-27th-2020-development-update/

Slightly off topic, but why does this not show on the MSFS home page? I've been waiting all day for this but it says it was posted 21 hours ago. :eek::confused:

Back on topic, it's a good start. The game is working fine for me so I'm awaiting the bug fixes for aircraft and systems, but I understand just getting it installed is a problem for a fair amount of people so that should obviously be priority number 1.

I wonder what the 'timetable' is for the next patch and what it should include?

I would be nice if MS had a 'list' of what 'issues' it is working on.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Here's the list of "known" issues: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/known-issues-last-modified-8-27-2020/128064 . I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to what's going on over there. As for me, if this is truly the list what they think are the only "known" issues we're in for a tough time..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Ugh. It sounds like they are only acknowledging the stutters that can be blamed on Simconnect.

But lots of us are having serious stutters without Simconnect. People with MUCH higher-end systems than me are reporting stutters. There are a few threads on their forum about it.

Nothing kills the sense of immersion like stuttering does. It sucks.

The update shows up in my content manager with a message “relaunch the game to download”. I have relaunched several time but it does not download. Am I missing something?

No, because nothing new has been released yet.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

The update shows up in my content manager with a message “relaunch the game to download”. I have relaunched several time but it does not download. Am I missing something?

You’re missing the part where the patch isn’t coming out until next week.