New Where did you fly today

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Just a circuit and bump at my local airfield to test the latest update to mrtommymxr's DA40-NGX mod, when I saw something I've never seen before in any flight sim:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228514[/ATTACH]

Hi, what program do you use for displaying framerate etc. Thanks, Nice shot by the way.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Thanks Mowgli, I use the Shift+Z Stats mod form flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/16358/shift-z-stats

It's customisable, so I've added True Airspeed to the display for aircraft that don't have a gauge which displays it - the GNS530 only shows Ground Speed for example.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim, newbie to this sim,but not to simming in general.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

KFMZ to KEAR.

This is crossing the Platte River south of Kearney, NE. Great Platte River Road Archway is visible in the lower right.

AT-6B Kear1.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 2 weeks later...

The G1000 NXi did not accept my direct-to-final approach to ILS RWY 27 at London City Airport (EGLC), as plotted with Navigraph. I had to change it to a STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival) procedure that took me out of the way over the English Channel and added at least 30 minutes to the flight.

Birmingham to EGLC.jpg

Even with the leisurely arrival procedure, the ILS approach didn't go as smoothly as I'd anticipated. Flyer beware: You cannot rely on the ILS at at EGLC RWY 27 to guide you to the runway. If you stay with it and your AP too long, you'll end up coming in too high and going "missed."

Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

The Texas Cross Timbers.

KMKN to KBWD

The cross timbers refers to a region of gnarly post and blackjack oaks that are found in a narrow strip from Central Texas into Oklahoma. These wooded terrains were a significant impediment to travel from Fort Worth to the west. The soil is very sandy. The acorns created habitat for squirrel and rabbit. This area grows peanuts and peaches.

Coman1.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Around BC for me.....

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-18_01_2022-20_36_45.jpg

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Yesterday I flew from FACT to FAPE, Cape Town to Port Elizabeth in South Africa.

Flown in the Longitude, I can recommend this flight as there are some great scenic features en-route.

I am currently flying back to Cape Town.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Flew the Porter from Zhuliany in Kiev to Maiden Square. Didn't see Vic Nuland and wasn't there to pick up cookies so loaded 2200 pounds of Benjamins and headed for Marculesti in Moldova. Bloody 'el, that is only 100 mil! That wont even pay the weekly fee to the big guy!

Maidan.png

Maidan-2.png

Barely made it off the ground in Maidan and with the RCS of a small city, flew under 600 feet all the way to Moldova.

Kiev.png

Enroute.png

Zhuliany.png

Ran out of gas on approach and landed on the grass, easy on the rudder! Flying the world is exciting with adults in charge!

KDUC to 1OK5 via the Wichita Mountain Corridor. I didn't see any bison, but the viewing area at the top of Mt. Scott is clearly visible. On the north flank of these mountains, you can find one of the best hamburgers in the USA, the famous Meersburger.

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/7570

Wichit1.jpg

Wichit2.jpg

Wichit3.jpg

Wichit4.jpg

Wichit5.jpg