New Where did you fly today

KFET to KAIA. Fremont Nebraska to Alliance Nebraska. Fremont is just west of Omaha and Alliance is out in the Nebraska Panhandle. The cruise shot illustrates the edge of the Sandhills from 28,000 feet. The Sandhills are a vast stretch of fixed sand dunes that cover much of Nebraska north of the Platte River.

FremontMWA1.jpg

FremontMWA3.jpg

FremontMWA4.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S28 to CJS5. This leaves the International Peace Garden which spans the Canadian-USA border. It sits among the Turtle Mountains, which are really hills.

IPG1.jpg

TurtleA1.jpg

Kily.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Ran out of gas on approach and landed on the grass, easy on the rudder! Flying the world is exciting with adults in charge!

Its a pity that this is no longer as it shows in MSFS. May God have mercy on the courageous Ukrainian people.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=229423&d=1646464264

Edited by valero

Its a pity that this is no longer as it shows in MSFS. May God have mercy on the courageous Ukrainian people.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=229423&d=1646464264

Where? Mariupol?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
From LKZE Jiricky in the Czech Republic to LKVL Vlasim via Borovsko in my C 152. Both these are grass strips. There is a lonely four lane concrete bridge in the reservoir at Borovsko. It was built by the Germans during WWII as part of a central European highway. There is no highway, just the bridge. A reservoir was built after the war and the water comes up to the deck although MSFS shows it to be under the surface.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

No pics but i took a nice flight around Washington DC today. The first time that i have flown there in a flight sim even though i have been simming since the 1980's.(embarrassing!) Great bit of sightseeing. I took off from Ronald Reagan and finished over at Dulles. I couldn't see any aircraft on the ground at Andrews which I thought a bit odd, but that may be down to my personal traffic settings.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today I visited the huge abandoned Soviet airbase at Bayantal in Mongolia. It is about 70 nm SE of Maananit (ZMMA) on a heading of 154 degrees magnetic or just follow the road and railway line The runway was almost 2 miles in length and there are revetments still for about two squadrons of MiG 21 and 23 that were based there. The Soviet style apartment blocks are still there. MSFS shows the airfield as being grass, not the concrete that it still is, but I had no problem landing my C 152 there. It is literally in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing around but the steppe and it must have been a miserable posting.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I flew from Macon to Aerodrome Belleville Villie-Morgon, a few kilometers north of Belleville, landing on a 1,634-ft. grass runway.

Bellville Villie-Morgon 1.jpg

Bellville Villie-Morgon 2.jpg

Bellville Villie-Morgon 3.jpg

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I haven’t figured out how to post screens just yet, so I’ll just verbalize…

I’m now a “pilot” for Spirit Airlines. Flew from Vegas to Chicago O’Hare. (FBW A320.) departure at 0800 Pacific time. Landed at 1330 Eastern.

Bit choppy over Denver and lots of wind shear as I got close to Chicago. Near perfect landing.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

If you go to Spilsby island which is near Port Lincoln you will see a shack or two on the northern side of the island. A half acre block of land is for sale overlooking the sea for $49,000 AUD ($34,666 USD). With no permanent inhabitants this would be the perfect getaway for the antisocial. Airstrip is available from flightsim.to

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-sa-port+lincoln-202508730

If you go to Spilsby island which is near Port Lincoln you will see a shack or two on the northern side of the island. A half acre block of land is for sale overlooking the sea for $49,000 AUD ($34,666 USD). With no permanent inhabitants this would be the perfect getaway for the antisocial. Airstrip is available from flightsim.to

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-sa-port+lincoln-202508730

If Australia wasn’t so draconian with their lockdown rules, I’d seriously consider living there. I made a port visit there back in 1989 and loved it.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Same here. Made port visits to Perth and Sydney in the late 80s.

Perth here too. 1989. US Navy port call. The birds (ladies) loved us sailors.. lol