Merry Christmas

plainsman

Same to you and yours plainsman. Seeing you posted this in FS02 forum, I presume the screenshot is from FS02? Am planning to spend today trying to get audio back working on my WinXP FS02 setup and if successful, get back flying in FS02 after a long break due to PC issues.

Yahoo!!! My Xmas present to self is what I know many of us experience, dead equipment - after hours of research on the Internet (thank God for it, and YouTube videos etc.), just now was able to get audio back into my WinXP FS2002 setup, on a Lenovo ThinkCentre MT - M 6077 - AT8 S/N L3B5959 (M57 desktop, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU), using the hard drive from my dead HP Workstation that I used to use. Needed the audio driver in WinXP so it could talk to the onboard audio on the Lenovo motherboard. All working fine 'out of the box', frame-rate and audio is good.

Downloaded and installed the driver recommended on the Lenovo website (very good legacy support there). And amazing, it worked! Just flew a circuit at my local airport, with CH Products yoke. So 'back in the saddle again'. Can now try the various toys floating around, e.g. in the FS2004 forum Vor ndb and ils page online.

Also want to try a download I did years ago from FlightSim library re Charles Kingsford Smith (later Sir), his 'Southern Cross' trimotor. (That's the guy who flew for first time USA to Australia in 1928 Trans-Pacific flight. (The airplane is on display at Brisbane Airport.)

Edited by MAD1