fs2002 still alive!

David25210

Not quite sure what you've got there, but the url is "wrong" … there shouldn't be a ".80" after the UK2000.COM and there's other spelling mistakes as well … may well be some sort of rogue "clone"!

The URL is not wrong. The :80 on the end is the port, which for HTTP is the default.

Cheers!

The URL is not wrong. The :80 on the end is the port, which for HTTP is the default.

Cheers!

Yes, you're right, of course! Just didn't expect to see it there!

Still don't quite understand what jacilore is trying to achieve, though.

I've had another look at the posted screen-shot and transcribed the url into my browser, the links seem to work for me. Even found an FS9 file that looked interesting and grabbed it whilst I was there ;)

Edited by chris_eve

Yes, you're right, of course! Just didn't expect to see it there!

Still don't quite understand what jacilore is trying to achieve, though.

I've had another look at the posted screen-shot and transcribed the url into my browser, the links seem to work for me. Even found an FS9 file that looked interesting and grabbed it whilst I was there ;)

Hi Chris. Thanks for the interest.

What I'm trying mostly is getting FS98 and FS2000 addons, especially from UK2000.

The website is wonderful, but only has FS9 and newer addons.

And by your links, I don't know to access to old software files. (Unless they are in a page which is accesible today, like https://www.uk2000scenery.co.uk/)

In particular, I'm trying to find FS98 and/or FS2000 UK2000 Manchester scenery.

I had thought I could access to files that are not normally accesible now. But I can't see if I'm getting images, links files. I also don't know if should suscribe, or pay.

But information in the page doesn't look too friendly to me.

But many thanks for your interest and effort

Hi Chris. Thanks for the interest.

What I'm trying mostly is getting FS98 and FS2000 addons, especially from UK2000.

The website is wonderful, but only has FS9 and newer addons.

I don't remember ever seeing UK2000 scenery available for download earlier than FS2002, other than the odd bit of shareware posted by Gary Summons … most (free) downloads were feature-limited demo's anyway, just to give a taste of the "real thing" which he hoped you'd then buy ;)

Best bet might be eBay for an old CD of "UK Airports" or similar … just make sure it's the correct volume to include Manchester ;)

Well, I don't know if those were downloadable or buyable via email.

Anyway, I've been searching in ebay, and everytime it's more difficult there.

Besides, the addons I'm most interested are UK2000 sceneries for FS2000/FS2002 (Those were compatible). Do you think there are old UK2000 pages with downloadable sceneries available in Web-Archive?

Thanks and regards again.

Do you think there are old UK2000 pages with downloadable sceneries available in Web-Archive?

If they were publicly available, maybe, but trying to get FS2002 running over two decades later seems like an exercise in frustration. If you want a retrosim, FS9 content seems to be much more readily available.

Cheers!

Luke

Well, I don't know if those were downloadable or buyable via email.

Anyway, I've been searching in ebay, and everytime it's more difficult there.

Besides, the addons I'm most interested are UK2000 sceneries for FS2000/FS2002 (Those were compatible). Do you think there are old UK2000 pages with downloadable sceneries available in Web-Archive?

Thanks and regards again.

For FS2002 see here :- http://web.archive.org/web/20180817023045/http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page22.html … all perfectly good and legit. UK2000 made these earlier sceneries freely available some years ago.

Anything earlier than that (FS98/FS2000) doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere, but were available on the "UK Airports" CDs I mentioned earlier. Do note the similarly titled "British Airports" for FS2002 appear to comprise just some of the now-freeware airfields I've linked above, so if you've got the latter you won't need the former ;)