Gear down but not at 7000 ft please. (I have the latest X-Plane, I think)

Peachson1

I'm over Canada in the Beechcraft Baron 58 & seemingly on a nice flight across the Canadian mountains when all of a sudden I hear this noise. After further investigation, by going outside, I find my gear is down. (I've been trying to set my trim wheel for more height with little success). After several attempts at raising it with my keyboard (G) it comes up only to go down again seconds later, without touching anything. Never happened before. Any thoughts as to what, why & how?

...(I've been trying to set my trim wheel for more height with little success).....

How? What keys / buttons do you use? How close physically are the two controls to each other?

I've never had that happen, but you may have more that one key / button assigned to the same function / Gear?

The systems failure modelling could be at play here, depending on what your sim settings are at.

Open the Flight configuration menu, click on the Customize tab on your Airplane selection and then click on the Failures tab. In that menu, click on Reset All and then Apply Changes to your flight and continue.

This will reset any systems failures that have occurred and you'll be good to go.