FireFox is broken again

CTarana45

It was giving me an error code that Version 100.000 didn't match version 100! So I Deleted all the Firefox folders and reinstalled it! All my bookmarks and passwords were recovered too! So I'm posting from FireFox! :pilot:

Christopher Tarana

I use a variation of Firefox, called Commodo Ice Dragon. You can't get any more older (antiquated?) than that. HA! I have Win 7 but will move to Chrome when I go Win 10. I have Avast Anit Virus so that is what 'saves' me from 'evil' and 'hacks'? Probably.
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

How is Firefox broken? I am not having any trouble using it.

Firefox did go through a bunch of wrecking updates lately. I know printing functions were greatly affected on the Windows version - users getting spot color when print was set for black-and-white, critical-spaced margins going awry, nonsense like that. Caused much havoc at my place of work because Firefox was the preferred browser for printing web invoices and such. And there were other non-printing related problems. I think Mozilla has sorted out most of the damage by now, haven't they?

Edited by ftldave
add txt

• 7 months later...
It was giving me an error code that Version 100.000 didn't match version 100! So I Deleted all the Firefox folders and reinstalled it! All my bookmarks and passwords were recovered too! So I'm posting from FireFox! :pilot:

Christopher Tarana

HA! Just saw this thread. I think what happened for you is the Y2B (Year 2 Browser. Like Y2K?) issue some talked about.

In a nutshell, a browser has something called an useragent (UA). ALL websites see this bit of code that may look like this: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:108.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/108.0

What I think happened was that what ever website you connected to choked on the 100 part. The version. It thinks it's 1. This issue should be fixed for those websites that didn't parse the UA correctly. Not sure if this website was one of them. It could since this is a really old version of vBulletin.

https://useragentstring.com/

Tip: I don't recommend using the browser for password storage. Many do, but a CVE could come out that jacks it. And I can demonstrate how to do that with various tools. So at this time I recommend Keepass if you're tech savvy or Bitwarden if you're not too tech savvy. So far Bitwarden is pretty decent, but I do have some minor reservations that may be nothing at all. But compared to the other crop of crap password managers, Bitwarden reigns supreme in my book.

I use both Keepass, Keepass2Android and Bitwarden. I also use Aegis for 2FA and there's the 2FA plug-in for Keepass called KeepassOTP. Even Keepass2Andoid has 2FA ability, but it's not very intuitive. 2FA is a second layer authentication. It's a base32 based number that's based on time. Typically 30 seconds. Anyways...

Edit-

Bitwarden is cross platform all over hell and back. Even via their website you can access your passwords. Just remember one long complicated password. That's it. https://bitwarden.com/download/

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

I use a variation of Firefox, called Commodo Ice Dragon. You can't get any more older (antiquated?) than that. HA! I have Win 7 but will move to Chrome when I go Win 10. I have Avast Anit Virus so that is what 'saves' me from 'evil' and 'hacks'? Probably.

Seamonkey or... https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/netscape_navigator_for_windows.html

https://connect.netscape.com/

BTW- Comodo is probably pulling your telemetry... Well, a lot of mainstream browsers now-a-days do.

Avast saving you? No.