Really?

refuler

Hi.

I predicted that this will be the result, after seeing the Assobo release.

Get FSX, and or Xp11 and forget about these new releases.

They actually manage to mess up the C172, Prop looks like a baseball bat being twirled around, no way to select the In cockpit view to see both Wing tips Top of cow cowl and full Instrument panel.....

I have no idea what the customer base they are looking for? El Wannabe Capitanos that cannot hand fly their planes / pretenders. Useless as a tool for RW GA pilots.

I do not see how this can be improved to be useful but I do hope.

The other bunch will never be able to do it, they seem to lack the will and knowledge.

I am glad I still have an FSX in an unopened box, it should last me a while, assuming I can keep installing it which is getting very difficult.

Hi everyone.

The only thing that I can see, that they did / improved on, is their Visuals, reflections in the puddles?... things I never actually cared for or seen in Real life.

Does anyone else have a Total Active / On time of about 10:00 min?

Look in your Main Directory, where X-Plane. exe is in for a file Log.txt, and at the end you should see something like state_ShuttingDown and the time.

About 5 min of that is Load time and in actuality you only get about 5 min of actual use.

They should reevaluate their priorities if they want to continue in the Sim World, at this point just about everyone I know will Not be purchasing it unless some serious improvements come along.

Hopefully, XPL12 will improve more in the next months, but for now I am going to hold off on purchasing.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

X Plane is not about eye candy it's about flight!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Hi,

Not sure how some of you come up with the idea that this is not much of an update.

1. New weather injection system.

2. 3D Trees that are animated.

3. 3D Clouds

4. New buildings that have driveways and walk paths to the front door.

5. A new airliner.

6. Better physics

and the list goes on and on. AND this is still a BETA product.

Hi,

Not sure how some of you come up with the idea that this is not much of an update.

1. New weather injection system.

2. 3D Trees that are animated.

3. 3D Clouds

4. New buildings that have driveways and walk paths to the front door.

5. A new airliner.

6. Better physics

and the list goes on and on. AND this is still a BETA product.

Hi.

I admire your set up and appreciate the amount of work and effort it takes to build something like that. Over the years I've gone trough many combinations, Moving platforms, multiple screens... and I am now back to one large monitor, 4K with some very unusual controller assignments to allow me the views I need to perform the operations I need.

I use the sims as a tool for GA, and recommend it to others that may be interested in aviation.

As to the above points, with respect, except for #6 I have no real interest in, they were fine, actually better, in XP11.

I do not see the practicality in most of the so called added features, and in #6 look at the C172 in Straight and Level flight. Try a 45 Deg bank turn and exit looking at the fuselage as you exit. That is not how a 172 or any other light GA behaves.

Someone got carried away wit lighting and useless stuff making the sim useless for most people that used the XP11 with a reasonable frame rates. I am sure they did that driven by one the worst release in history, the Assobo bunch, and trying to compete with them for visuals / useless features.

I expected more from them.

I still support them but I have very little hope for them fixing things given all the necessary computational power / processing required to keep running some these useless "features"

Drive way leading to the homes? I've been RW flying for a very long time, never ever have i looked at any driveways, or 3D trees, and I hardly think that some of those orange / yellow droppings, in the Clouds Few can be called RW representation of anything called clouds.

See some of the pics included, in Clear settings the same location and time which is what I mostly use, and compare it to XP11, in XP12 is basically useless as VFR. And all that at about a loss of 1/2 or more of the FPS.

I appreciate any substantiated comments that would show a different point of view.

I understand that this is Beta but some of the things that are not proper are pointing to lack of interest in the product like the C172 SL flight.

XP11v1155rc1p14.jpgXP12B2LGB15Txt13.jpgXP12SL-FltTxt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I agree hevhead, there is a tremendous difference between 11 and 12. AS stated numerous times, the blurry textures is due to not enough gpu memory and the fact that this beta hasn't been tuned for performance just yet!

X-Plan11 has now been removed from my computers, won't be going back!

All I need to do to see the difference and it's B I G! Run XP11 on my right and left screens and run XP12 in the center. There is no comparison between the two visually!

Hi everyone.

When I post something is Not to undermine and or unfairly criticize any sim.

I back to sims, and Real World aviation, before PC existed where I wrote my own Nav ADF, VOR sim.

I go back with X-Plane to floppy disk and supported it and most other sims presently, and some now gone, and would like them all to succeed. It is to my personal and selfish interest and to the benefit of others. I've lobbied with FAA, AOPA.... to get the sims accepted as useful to Real World aviation.

Assobo has messed up big time and LR is following the same route.

I am still in the process of getting the C172, in XP12, to behave, and set cockpit view close to what it should. I have so far made over 10 changes and I am still Not there, I just got the XP11 to behave close to a useful tool.

Having those trees pop up as some rodents drive me to quit using it, and not be able to fly the sim as pure VFR during Sunset time, my favorite VFR time is likely to drive me away from it completely.

@ transcontinental, please post a pic with the Sunset view on the KLGB ILS 15 miles out, similar to what I have, and let me see what your system pic looks like and your settings.

I evaluate a sim as a Tool for myself and a possibility to recommend it to others and I take it seriously.

At this point I do not see a sufficiently value added, above XP11, to justify recommending it to others to buy / use it.

Hi,

I'm 14.9 miles out of KLGB rwy 30, descending from 4000 to 1600 (guney).[ATTACH=CONFIG]231296[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]231297[/ATTACH]

Hi.

That is impressive / useless to any Real World pilot.

Your argued the point that the the blurries are due to "not enough gpu memory", I asked you to post your VFR view at that location and now you post a blurry mess.

Useless stuff, rain drops, overdone light effects, creepy trees popping up like rodents, planes that fly and taxi like brisks, clouds that look like bird poo, planes that crash while tied down, what part of that makes for a useful sim?

No improvements on Flight model, Visual model, no Obstacles, no real mesh improvement and or any real scenery improvement. Someone is just playing doing things they are having fun with, and trying to demonstrate their "programming" / useless skills at the expense of others.

They took a fairly decent sim and turned it into useless app.

Back to your pic, what the heck is that did you just fly into a forest fire, aftermath of a nuclear blast? What is that in real life like? The closest I've seen anything to this in real life was a sand storm in AZ.

Hi,

One is entitled to their opinion, and you are entitled to yours. Mine are based on real world, real life flying in the New York area. X-Plane 12 is FAR superior to X-Plane 11 and that is my opinion based on real world flying.

As far as simulation, been flying since before the internet and I have jumped from platform to platform, from Microsoft to Lockheed to X-Plane. I'm only interested in MY flightsim experience and will go where the best platform will take me, right now that is X-Plane 12 second to NONE. Your no improvements statement is another opinion and I disagree 100%

For others looking at these photos, keep in mind YOU are looking at a reduced image "flightsim.com" rules and regs! only allow me to upload at 1600x1200 where I get to see this at 4K!

I'll upload some images from various locations showing just how non blurry X-Plane is on my setup. I'll take my 4K images and overlay them into 1600x1200 shots without reducing them.

Edited by transcontinental

Hi,

How about you compare these XP12 beta screen grabs to the beta screen grabs of XP11 and tell me there have been no improvements.

If you are mainly interested in recreating real life conditions then going from XP11 2D clouds to 3D clouds in XP12 is all that is needed for a MAJOR improvement, not to mention the new weather induction system and forget the eye candy.

A small section of the 4K views I get to see, not blurry. But then again I have a EVGA FTW 3090 board running each display.

XP12_1.jpgXP12_2.jpgXP12_3.jpgXP12_4.jpgXP12_5.jpg

Hi,

In X-Plane 12 there are thousands of airports that have been custom built, uploaded into the gateway and are now included in XP12 default platform. Up-to-date airports are a must have for as close to real as one can get to its real life counterpart. Will XP11 lose compatibility with the gateway going forward? How long before things become outdated in 11?

I cannot see how one could recommend XP11 platform when XP12 is out in beta. Only time I can see this to be true is if one does not have the hardware to run Vulkan/Metal.

Side note: XP12 ground tiles give the impression of ortho and do not have that cookie cutter look to them.

Here are a few cloud shots. All that is left is the sunset and if that is your complaint in the photos, keep in mind this is still in beta.XP12_1.jpgXP12_2.jpgXP12_3.jpgXP12_4.jpgXP12_5.jpgXP12_7.jpg

Edited by transcontinental

Hi.

Yes, I agree, the lighting is way overdone. Get your time closer to Sunset and look to the East / behind you, you will see this very very black sky, and black lines over the ocean.

I think that can be fixed at some point, but there are many things like Views, resources dedicated to Clouds, Trees.. that may not be as easy to resolve?

Another thing that upsets me is that the existing Ortho needs to be twicked at the Ocean edges / water due to the Waves they added, that is Not a big issue, but I have over 4TB of Ortho scenery.

I've been flying since the 70-80, in CA, and just about every other state, when there was a lot of pollution and never seen the clouds look like that. I do like the color, but that does not make them Real World like in my opinion.

When it comes down to it it's what you are happy with, and if XP12 is something you are comfortable with and like, it's the only thing that is important. I could care less about fancy tree, Static acft, grass, 3D clouds..., Give me clouds that look like clouds when I get in them I cannot see anything outside, an acft , preferably something like 182Rg, where I can get in and be able to simulate all the Commercial maneuvers and landings in Xwind.., close to Real looking Airports, and Ortho as close to ZL18 as possible, and I am a happy clam.

Yes I know It will likely take 10 times the storage that I have now, but I have enough around where I fly at a good enough resolution where I can recognize the area that I fly over. I like the no Homes, very low object count, and the Ortho without homes / small buildings is a lot more real life looking than Assobo carp also.

We immediately need a Neutral density filter for the Sun, a way to make Clouds, Few, look like clouds not hundred of little yellowish blotches close to Sunset, and some good Light GA acft with good flight model. I am getting close to getting the C172 in XP12, there were some improvements in it, but they broke other things, to being acceptable.

Have a good weekend.

Hi,

Not sure what you are seeing, these are my dusk shots. One the sun just above the horizon and one when it has just set with views looking 180* view. I don't see a very black sky with lines over the ocean.

Could this be a result of video drivers or settings?

Have a good one.

Hi.

Yes, I agree, the lighting is way overdone. Get your time closer to Sunset and look to the East / behind you, you will see this very very black sky, and black lines over the ocean.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Hi.

When it comes down to it it's what you are happy with, and if XP12 is something you are comfortable with and like, it's the only thing that is important. I could care less about fancy tree, Static acft, grass, 3D clouds..., Give me clouds that look like clouds when I get in them I cannot see anything outside, an acft , preferably something like 182Rg, where I can get in and be able to simulate all the Commercial maneuvers and landings in Xwind.., close to Real looking Airports, and Ortho as close to ZL18 as possible, and I am a happy clam.

Yes I know It will likely take 10 times the storage that I have now, but I have enough around where I fly at a good enough resolution where I can recognize the area that I fly over.

In X-Plane 11 I used ortho photoreal, it was needed due to the fact that XP11 had that cookie cutter tile look to it. XP12 has an ortho feel to it, I'm not that much in a hurry to swap it out just yet.

I planed on having XP11 ZL 18/19 for the entire United States, started this back in 2021.

• 5 months later...

I love all the flight sims and use MSFS, XP11 and XP12, like many i kind of abandoned XP11 for MSFS, but i've been drawn back into THE X plane world with XP12...Yes its still got a lot of work, but it has the better feel as regards flight model and behaviour, and its got great potential. The sounds, the flyby views, the tower views, the much better camera options, the miles better realistic traffic that actually travel for long distances on roads (unlike MSFS's quantum tunnelling road traffic popping in and out of existence!), all make it far more immersive for me, the night lightening is a joy to behold with motorways full of AI road traffic, and trains, it all looks and  behaves realistically,...Here are some screen shots, with some with payware aircraft and payware ORBX  True earth for Great Britain.  There are also excellent global scenery addons from Simheaven and other addons which greatly improve the overall visuals. But even with teh freeware simheaven scenery it makes a big difference. 

Screenshot (487).jpg

Screenshot (486).jpg

Screenshot (502).jpg

Screenshot (387).jpg

Screenshot (404).jpg

Screenshot (386).jpg

Screenshot (474).jpg

Screenshot (345).jpg

Screenshot (395).jpg

Screenshot (406).jpg