CFS3 Keyboard Control Reaction time too slow/sensitivity?

FireLion12Yes

Hi all,

I have a problem, I installed CFS3 on my Mac, using CrossOver, and it works like an absolute treat, and all the keyboard controls work. But I have a problem with the keyboard controls. They are too slow in response, for example, I press left arrow, takes about 2-3 seconds for it to turn the plane left, and its very slow at turning. That's what I've noticed, and I have looked through all the control settings and it comes with no keyboard sensitivity, but yet MSFS 2000 does, I don't get it. The only thing I found is the keyboard response. which says this:

[keyboard_response]

elevator=350.000000,500.000000

aileron=450.000000,1000.000000

rudder=200.000000,1000.000000

I don't know what that does and I don't want to change anything until someone shows me how to do it. If there is an answer to all of this, please let me know about it and what to change. It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

FireLion12Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Not familiar with Mac so speaking generically. If you just press a key and release it, the control surface is moved a slight amount and stays there; if you press and hold a key the control is moved that same amount multiplied by the repetition rate as long as you hold the key. The "keyboard response" controls the amount of movement and the repetition rate. Note that the controls do not return to "zero" once the key is released, there is a separate key assignment to zero the control, or you hold the opposite key til returned to zero.

"aileron=450.000000,1000.000000" - press the key once, the aileron will move 450 (radian?, fraction of a degree?); press and hold the key, the aileron will move 450 each second the key is held (1000ms=1 sec)