From Triple Monitor to What?

I've been running a three monitor set up for years in FS9, FSX and X-plane. In the future, I anticipate using FSX and X-plane, and perhaps the new MS sim.

I gave up on using the triple monitors for an extended screen view because of the ghastly stretch at each end. So, in recent years I have used the 2nd and 3rd monitors for undocked bits of panels, and Navigation programs like Little Nav Map (LNM) run on a network.

My problem now is that the middle screen (they are all 24 inch identical types, aged about 8 years) has failed.

I am looking for advice on what to do next as I think I have four options:

1. Replace the 24 inch monitor with another similar if I can find one. Problem with this is that both the aging 2nd and 3rd monitors could fail at any moment.

2. Buy a curved screen for a full panoramic view - hopefully without distortion anywhere. I do not know anything about curved screens.

3. Buy three new 27 inch screens and continue as before. This would be the easiest option.

4. Move to Oculus Rift or similar. I do not know if these can be used alongside standard monitors showing moving map programs like LNM. I have read about motion sickness, poor resolution, and low frame rates with Oculus Rift.

I'd be grateful for advice.

I still use triple monitors but left the tripple 24-inch setup and absolutely love my change. It should be noted I run a 2D cockpit view as I have all tactical hardware switches, throttle, column yoke etc. So my setup may not be applicable to 3D viewing which I have limited experience with.

My current configuration uses a very large central "windscreen" monitor for front view and instruments (with buttons programmed for momentary left and right wing views). The second monitor is a touchscreen for OH panel and the third is a small touchscreen for the FMS. I model a commuter twin Jet (ERJ145). Monitor and resolutions are as follows. Even though I run P3D, a powerful video card was found necessary based on the slider settings I desired. For MS2020 I would expect it even to be more important.

OH Panel: Viewsonic Touchscreen TD2760 27 Inch (16:9), 1920x1080 resolution (1080P)

Windscreen: Gigabyte AORUS 48” FO48U 48 Inch (16:9), 3840 x 2160 resolution

FMS CDU: Thinlerain B09PQFJ9KH 10.1 inch (16:9), 1920x1080 resolution (1080P)

My image is too big to attach (or I am doing something wrong)

Edited by LJ45man

I run a Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz... you are going to get distortion at the outer limits it's the nature of the beast.... On the Samsung it's not much distortion but it's there and does not distract from the main part of the screen where the eyes are focused 90% of the time.... the real bonus is the screen is clear with no obstructions like using two of three screens joined together... However, if you go with the Odyssey G9 you will need a good gpu to run it at 240hz ha because you have it you WILL want to use it......

20220927-121101.jpg

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz