XP12 Download stopped working

ColR1948

I downloeded the demo to see what it was like, after a long download, only got a few mins to try it then got the screen to buy no other option but to buy.

Anyway I decided to buy then proceded to download the full version, this took all day, very slow download plus it kep stopping, I had to manually restart it.

Finally got down to 10 seconds then got the escreen 504 Error, it had timed out, and to try again later, so I did try again and it seemed to have scanned what I had so far then got the 504 screen again telling me to try later.

Geez!!! Am I annoyed, you bet I am after waiting all day and paying out money from my pension to get this probem.

Also the demo download took ages and during the download it was was including all the aircraft, seemed to be lots of scenery, and livery for the aircraft and much more, then when you start the demo you only get a few minutes so why include all that in the demo, what a waste of time?

Col.

Well I Did try again later and again got the 504 error time out and to try later.

So again I tried later and this time I got the optoin about the scenery so I de-selected some and just had one lot to load, it scanned again and this time it started the download.

The spped and time kept flucutating from minutes to hours, at one stage it went to 9 hours then back to minutes, finally it finsihed and I went through the settings and now I'm flying.

So far I'm happy with what I'm seeing but this digital download thing needs sorting badly., what crosses my mind is if for whatever reason I change computers have I got to go through this whol process again, if so I'm dreading it.

Col

Hi.

Just keep pressing Enter to continue. I've had that a few times but it typically gets it done in less than 1 hr on 400Kb rate. A complete XP12 is only about 34 GB with a complete World scenery.

If you have XP11 on DVDs and the DVD1 is in the bay, take it out. The installer tends to get confused with that In.

If you buy XP12 you can also get XP11 Product code, which I recommend, to XP11, chichi is a better product at this time.

Hi Yes I already have XP11 and I never have the disk in the tray buy ty for the heads up on that.

I have it installed now but last night added more scenery, just one batch and left it to run overnight, again this morining it had stopped so had to set it off again.

After it scanned it only had 18 seconds to run so it was almost done, just a few more files and it would have been complete, any got it now.

I have had a few crashes, I can play for around an hour then then it stops saying XP not responding, one mouse or key press gets a pale screen and it locks my PC, even after numerous Crtl Alt Del to end the process it still hangs, I end up cutting the power.

Col.

Hi.

What system do you run on?

I've only had one lock up in b8 and I used the Task manager to get out.

XP12 has been very disruptive to a lot of users and I, like many, am trying to understand what is going on at LR.

Many of the people I am around, long time users, are mystified, everything was in a way or another altered, hardly any continuity at all.

They've been lured in by the other bunch and they took the bait, I hope they can recover, there is nothing of substance that was added, just some eye candy that turns Real World view into some psychedelic world. I would imagine someone on some sort of mind altering substance would enjoy it, but it's hard for a Real World pilot to accept it?

Try b11, you may already have it, and reduce some of the sliders, Clouds, AA, AF, Nr of Objects, Visibility, seems to be the worst offenders, they tend to lock the system up. Not necessarily in that order depending on your set up, AMD users seem to suffer the most.

Good luck.