Rudder Control

miatamariner

My first foray into X-Plane and 12. I have the Saitek Yoke and throttle quadrant, but no rudder pedals. In FSX, there is an option in flight controls to activate automatic rudder control. I've searched the Settings menu and Flight Controls but can not find a setting to couple the rudder control to the Yoke, to keep the aircraft from moving left or right from the centerline, on takeoff. Is there a setting to do this?

My first foray into X-Plane and 12. I have the Saitek Yoke and throttle quadrant, but no rudder pedals. In FSX, there is an option in flight controls to activate automatic rudder control. I've searched the Settings menu and Flight Controls but can not find a setting to couple the rudder control to the Yoke, to keep the aircraft from moving left or right from the centerline, on takeoff. Is there a setting to do this?

See below for a discussion of this topic and a Lua script to solve it:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/273069-script-to-simulate-differential-brakes/#comment-2411444

Hi.

You should try and get a set of rudder pedals, some used are available like the CH Propedalds USB for under $50.00.

To use XPlane without a Rudder input assign None to the Rudder axis and you get some Autocoordination not very good but something you can try.

By default, I think you can press (num pad) keys 1 and 3 for left and right rudder. 5 centres everything.

Using settings, keyboard, all, flight controls, basics, rudder (l/r/centre) you can assign keys. Obviously, you can also assign buttons on your yoke.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 194837.jpg

Also, to address the second part of your post, I'm also reasonably certain that rudder control is automatic in flight if it's not assigned elsewhere or if no rudder pedals are attached.

This is for X Plane 11.

PS Rudder? What's one of those? :confused:

Edited by The_Flying_Potato
'Cos X Plane11