They all got wet ..................

Whizzer

Just getting around to dealing with the ancillary damage in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian here on the Florida Gulf coast. Our community got hammered and a small part of the damage to my home was the roof lifted and the console got drenched. The Alpha yoke and Bravo Throttle got wet. The pc doesn't seem to be connecting the dots and I can't check to see if the yoke or throttle are okay. Any suggestions of possible damage, if any? I am unable to assess them because the pc is funky.

The monitor apparently shrugged off the water and seems to be okay but I only had it on for five minutes.

My concern is damage to yoke or throttle down the road as I have no way of knowing, at this point, if water got inside and if so, what it might have done damage wise.

My question is, would water have a long lasting effect on the internal parts of those devices? I know this is a sort of open ended inquiry but would appreciate any thoughts on the issue.

Turning the computer and whatnot on if there was ANY moisture will ruin things. Rice, dry rice can help dry things out. But everything needs to be dryer than the Arizona bone yard before you add power to anything.

Does your home owner's insurance cover your stuff like that? Just a tip, in your neck of the woods I would have stuck all my computer crap in the dishwasher. It'll keep out the water... I have three small fire proof safes full of data and documents and they also would go in there. Or with me if I got out of Dodge...