Is there a workaround for the annoying certificate expired notification?

Badger26

I just want to disable the alert so I don't have to see it every time the game launches. I don't care about the certificate and just want to play the game without always getting notified about it and it says the certificate is OK anyway so I just want it to quit bugging me every time I load up FSX. So does anyone know of a workaround to at least remove the pesky security certificate notification? Edited by Nels_Anderson

As an experiment; In the [uSERINTERFACE] section of FSX.cfg try changing PageID=0 to PageID=1, which should cause FSX to start with the Free Flight screen.

It won't eliminate the certificate message, but since you aren't starting on the Home page it shouldn't pop up.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

A link to a 'possible' solution from Steam was posted by someone else, but appears to have been lost during the switchover to the new forum.  Here it is.

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

I already posted that? Slıghtly dıfferent lınk but same ıssue! My lınk has a screenshot whıch ıs why ı asked ıf Badger26 could post a screenshot to confırm?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

1 hour ago, pomak249 said:

I already posted that? Slıghtly dıfferent lınk but same ıssue! My lınk has a screenshot whıch ıs why ı asked ıf Badger26 could post a screenshot to confırm?

Correct, but as I mentioned, that post was not included in the new forum.  The one post of yours that remains has a screenshot of the error, but not the link to the Steam message base where a possible solution was provided.

If I am wrong then I apologize for the duplication.

Ernest Pergrem

On 1/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, airernie said:

Correct, but as I mentioned, that post was not included in the new forum.  The one post of yours that remains has a screenshot of the error, but not the link to the Steam message base where a possible solution was provided.

If I am wrong then I apologize for the duplication.

I wouldnt worry ernıe ım guessıng hes resolved ıt tbh. No need to apologıse you are correct mate

• Thanks 1

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• 4 weeks later...

The issue of the security certificate message is due to the defunct M$ FSX-SE home page. However, the home page can be changed by replacing just one file "gshome.spb" in the "Dialogs" directory in the FSX-SE installed location. See the info and fix provided by bbogdansk here:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/531161-fsxse-home-screen-has-changed-why/?do=findComment&comment=3853399

and also discussed here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/3211505894145290170/
Both versions of the replacement file offered by bbogdansk did not work for me, because M$ kept on changing their online "live" page, so I had to edit the file myself.

1. Need to change ...\FSX\Dialogs\gshome.spb - use spb2xml (available on AVSIM) to decompile to an xml file.
2. In the resultant gshome.xml replace the non-working web link to anything you like. Make sure that any online page does not have scripts (eg. all forum pages do), or you will get additional script errors. In my case, I changed the link to "_blank", in <HtmlDocument id="urlLive"><Filename>_blank</Filename>
This refreshes to the default home page (urlocal) gs01.htm, located at ...FSX\uires\gs01.htm without going online at all.
3. If you don't like this outdated default "Home Page", you can change it to anything you like. Before compiling the xml file, change the urlocal file (which by default is gs01.htm, to something else, for example "f101.htm", which will show you the lessons straight away after loading FSX-SE. Or just edit the html to anything you want.
4. Using the "simpropcompiler.exe" in the FSX SDK (or Prepare3D SDK), compile it back to "gshome.spb". The above links and downloads will explain how to do this. In my case I opened a command line window and used the following command:

Simpropcompiler 2spb –symbols C:\FSX\propdefs\*.xml gshome.xml gshome.spb

but your setup might be different.

5. Replace the original gshome.spb file (after renaming it eg. gshome.spb.original). Note that an SPB file is just a compiled XML file, so you can test your new home page by just using the XML file, and if it works after loading FSX-SE, then you can compile it to make it a bit more 'efficient'.

Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com

For Missions in FSX and P3D

• 10 months later...