FSNavigator

huskydude

Hi,

This may be "very" old, but I use FSNAV in both FS8 and FS9 (and yes, I have FSX/FSTRAMP as well). I discovered a means to "edit" the "aircraft.ini" file to adjust the aircraft listing to pertinent aircraft that I fly, deleting those I do not - and retaining ONLY my changes.

After reading a couple discussions regarding the aircraft.ini file issues regarding changes being ignored by appending the original FSNAV aircraft loadset again and again, I determined a means to prevent this from occurring.

First, always make a copy backup of the original (even though that's not really necessary, FSNAV will re-write it - BUT...)

Second, make your desired changes to the aircraft.ini file located in the FS2004/MODULES/FSNavigator Folder and save it. Once saved, open Windows File Explorer, navigating to FS2004/MODULES/FSNavigator.

Lastly, Right-click aircraft.ini file, and select Properties and set the file to "READ ONLY" and FSNAV will not be able to change the file until either deleted, or READ ONLY is removed (using the same method described to set it).

Of course, if you want to edit it, just turn off the READ ONLY, edit it, and turn on the READ ONLY back on the aircraft.ini file (if desired).

Hope this helps, Husky

Edited by huskydude