New Forum Software

Adrian K

Just noticed that the top tab, Popular Downloads/FSX Aircraft, takes you to FSX Jetliners instead of FSX.

Thx.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

10 hours ago, scubaboy3c said:

R.I.P. flightsim.com, used to be my 1st stop for flightsim news, now that's over.  Oh well, no more, heading off to msfsaddons.com and fselite.net, stormbirds.blog is good, too.

You really gave things a chance, didn't you?

• Like 2
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

11 hours ago, scubaboy3c said:

R.I.P. flightsim.com, used to be my 1st stop for flightsim news, now that's over.  Oh well, no more, heading off to msfsaddons.com and fselite.net, stormbirds.blog is good, too.

Well, there are those that just don't like change, but wakeup call..... That's part of life!!

Isn't it great that you have a choice.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leuen said:

A step in the right direction but still some room for improvement.

52635018479_14774d8d4e_c.jpg

Bernard

... working on it right now...

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

Adrian, might we consider using the MSFS 2020 Screen Shots forum for all versions of FS, even if slightly renamed?

I think one location allows all users to share and visually experience the greater universe of FS.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Hmm, when I look at the number of new downloads and compare it with AVSIM, I notice a significant difference.

Is it because of that I simply can’t find that section any more, or could it be that there is a quiet unappointed "upload boycott" going on, because fs community people don’t like to be involved in a public alpha-test of an "amazing" new forum software?

Dedl

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dedl said:

Hmm, when I look at the number of new downloads and compare it with AVSIM, I notice a significant difference.

Is it because of that I simply can’t find that section any more, or could it be that there is a quiet unappointed "upload boycott" going on, because fs community people don’t like to be involved in a public alpha-test of an "amazing" new forum software?

Dedl

I think it's a third reason: something to do with tin foil and making a hat from it.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

6 hours ago, Dedl said:

Dedl

I just visited AVSim and I haven't found anything better or clearer. And what I certainly dislike, is a site that runs scripts from near to 40 other companies to evaluate your clicks. Here a selection - they didn't fit into the window. But everybody as he or she likes.

scrips.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

10 hours ago, CRJ_simpilot said:

I totally need to buy more popcorn at Sams Club. I feel like I'm in the middle of a town hall debate of diatribe nonsense. 🙄

I could swear I just heard the announcer yell "Let's get ready to rumble!!!!"

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg

Old site now gone!  RIP!  Overture, curtain, lights!  This is it, we'll hit the heights!  No more rehearsing or nursing of parts, we know every part by heart!  Etc! 🐰<------- Imitation Bugs Bunny!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks to Adrian, tiger1962 has returned - Ol' Red Eyes is back!

• Like 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Interesting new layout - to quote FDR - "The only thing we have to fear.....is fear itself." It may take a short while to acclimate but Hey, if we can figure out MSFS2020, this should be a breeze. lol  Easy-Peasey.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Well that's nice! Hi Charlie, good to see you're here too 😉

• Like 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

First off, I like the visuals of the new version of the site.  The old version was looking a bit outdated.  It didn't bother me, but it's always nice to have a new, fresh, updated interface.

While I understand and somewhat agree with the criticisms being thrown out here, I feel people aren't being fair.  AFAIK, this site is a volunteer operation and those running it have other things going on in their lives.  It's a bummer that things aren't fully up and running, but progress takes time and resources.

Something I think that would be helpful might be a roadmap of what features/changes/fixes/upgrades are coming and roughly when, to at least let people get an idea of how things are progressing.

My main concern is when the file searching features will be implemented.  I'm assuming that there's a plan to add features somewhat like those in the old site, and it would be nice to know when those features might be available again.

Anyway, thanks guys for everything you do.  Looking forward to seeing where things go from here.

• Like 3