FSX Installer downloads

Guest michaelbrookes@btinternet.

Guest michaelbrookes@btinternet.

I am new to FSX Steam and am trying to place add-ons into the programme.  When I use a self installer although I install the download into Programme(86)/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/SimObjects  I get the aircraft but frequently with no gauges. With  a self installer there is no "gauges" file visible for me to manually apply.  Also on those aircraft I load manually into Airplanes after SimObjects they sometimes do not appear. Finally, How do I raise or lower my view point when outside the aircraft as was very easy in FS9?  Can anybody help on the three point?  Many thanks in advance.

Do you have an example of an aircraft that you 'manually' loaded? 

To appear, a [fltsim.x] entry in the aircraft.cfg file in that aircraft's folder needs to exist for the aircraft to display.   It also needs to be 'flyable' meaning the folder needs to contain a Sound and Panel folder.

As for self installer I assume that you mean .../FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes.  If not, then that's where it needs to be installed.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel