Some thoughts on new site.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

I like the look of the new site.......but I am finding it very slow and sluggish to navigate through.

It may be my cheap and cheerful tablet(although I had no problems with the old site)

Hopefully things will improve with time as possible glitches etc become sorted out.

Good luck to you Nels.

And thanks for your time ànd efforts with Flightsim.com

Cheers Andy

Well said Andy. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

To all who have made this upgrade possible I thank you. Nels you are the TOP GUN for FlightSim.com and we all are grateful for all you do and have done. You deserve a much needed and earned break, hope the skys are blue and calm for an awesome flight.

Happy 👨‍✈️ flyin

AD sends

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Derekv said:

I love the new site, but I would like to see an option to select complete aircraft like on the old website, so you know if you are downloading a complete aircraft or just the textures. 

I just asked same question in original tread concerning new site. One answer either here or there will work.

This is coming together nicely, really liking the new format.

Thx.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• Founder
20 hours ago, Derekv said:

I love the new site, but I would like to see an option to select complete aircraft like on the old website, so you know if you are downloading a complete aircraft or just the textures. 

I still remember when we didn't have that feature, it was added due to user demand and proved very popular. Hopefully this new software will support it too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Nels for the update. Slow and steady wins the race (and in this case the best flight sim site and community on the web).

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Hi all and yes getting used to the new site. In my case speed does not seem to be an issue.

BUT! Really, would like to see the Latest Uploads listed, showing the newest one on top. Always looked at it first in old site. 

The Hot Files are OK but list the uploads by the number of downloads, not by the dates uploaded.

Or maybe I am missing something?

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

On 1/19/2023 at 4:43 PM, Nels_Anderson said:

Thanks for the good wishes 🙂 It's nice to have some free time, and even get to fly some!

The new site does not seem slow to me but slowness came have many causes, and often is temporary.

Hello Nels

I suspect the sluggish navigation (scrolling etc) is more a case of my VERY Cheap tablet.

No real worries though.

Cheers Andy

16 hours ago, beroun said:

Hi all and yes getting used to the new site. In my case speed does not seem to be an issue.

BUT! Really, would like to see the Latest Uploads listed, showing the newest one on top. Always looked at it first in old site. 

The Hot Files are OK but list the uploads by the number of downloads, not by the dates uploaded.

Or maybe I am missing something?

Within each category there is a sort tab, select the sort you desire.

image.jpeg.a5d9f7d3de6b3c9434c7b973a82bc4e5.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

1 hour ago, leuen said:

You ask us to go through every subcategory. Why other sites are able to show the newest uploads in one and unique list?

Bernard

Maybe because all of this is still being worked on between real jobs and real life?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Oh, wow, a new site! First seen today Fri Jan 27, a bit of a shock! Been offline re FlightSim since Xmas, busy buying a new house. Will take time to get used to it (and like most things, just makes me feel even older!). Best wishes Nels, as others have said, time to take it a little easier.

Nice looking website.

I would like to see the option to select COMPLETE AIRCRAFT in each aircraft category as mentioned before by others. I would also like to see the PANEL CONFIGURATION FILE to make sure there is a VC before downloading like before with the older site. And the ability to view new downloads as before.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

• Thanks 1

Just a note to compliment the Admin folks: They really do listen to us. I just discovered that they have split the forums to a separate page so that we can access new if we wish but can also go direct to the forums.

Great Job Admins!

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

1 hour ago, lnuss said:

Just a note to compliment the Admin folks: They really do listen to us. I just discovered that they have split the forums to a separate page so that we can access new if we wish but can also go direct to the forums.

Great Job Admins!

+1!

34 minutes ago, Cricket29 said:

Please forgive me and disregard my last entry.  I found how to view the entire aircraft.

I just need to be patient and explore the site more thoroughly.

I'm actually liking this site more and more each time I visit.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Note that the best place for feedback and questions about the new layout is the New Forum Software section.

https://forums.flightsim.com/forums/forum/165-new-forum-software/

I am grateful for all the work you have put into the site. Things change and upgrades must be made.

There seem to be a lot of comments on the search and I'm struggling with that too. All I can ask is that you put some of the suggestions on your undoubtedly long to-do list.

Some features I've been looking for-

The ability to locate aircraft from the original author

Search results which give complete description, file name, author, creation date, etc compared to snippets of search terms

Search results that return only aircraft/scenery/panles as opposed to anything with the search terms (I have seen how the drill down works but it's still not easy)

Thanks again for your hard work!

I agree;  a simple notification of "complete aircraft" or "repaint";  and if a repaint, a link the the relevant aircraft would be nice (I've often d/l'd an aircraft simply because i found an attractive livery for it).

1 hour ago, jgf said:

a simple notification of "complete aircraft" or "repaint";  and if a repaint, a link the the relevant aircraft

Until this does occur, the content creators can add "Complete Model" "Complete Aircraft" "Repaint" to the file title when uploaded. And, they can add any link file names and other helpful info in the file description. Not automatic, but at least it would help with searches.

phrog x 2.jpg